Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pushbike near lewisham

A poor impoverished student I know is looking for a ladies bike for
someone 5'1" for not a lot of cash

Has anyone got such a beast that they want to get rid of ?

Anyone with helpful suggestions like freecycle (ha ha), please save it
and don't waste bandwidth

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
A poor impoverished student I know is looking for a ladies bike for
someone 5'1" for not a lot of cash

Lend him a cordless angle grinder....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 17:00:54 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

geoff wrote:
A poor impoverished student I know is looking for a ladies bike for
someone 5'1" for not a lot of cash

Lend him a cordless angle grinder....

Or get one off Freecy ... ah ... ;-(

T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ebay tends to have a lot of junk if you're trawling for lowest prices
- try police sales of recovered bikes, also ask at proper bike shops
for stuff they need to shift (but don't want to put on the shop floor)

Unlike most London shops - the London bike shops do still tend to be
run by enthusiasts - go chat to them.

The one in Tooley St (On yer bike?) is good, as is the one in Grays
Inn Road (Condor Cycles?), and the one down the side of Waterloo
(Evans?). They sell expensive bikes - but I would be surprised if they
wouldn't point you in the right direction.

Also try London Cycling Campaign.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Also try London Cycling Campaign.

In fact LCC have a secondhand bike shops list:

http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=409

And do something with donated bikes:

http://www.lcc.org.uk/index.asp?PageID=634

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

A poor impoverished student I know is looking for a ladies bike for
someone 5'1" for not a lot of cash

Has anyone got such a beast that they want to get rid of ?

Anyone with helpful suggestions like freecycle (ha ha), please save it
and don't waste bandwidth

Our local scouts held their annual bike auction this morning - I know one
of the organisers, so I could drop 'em an email see if there's anything
suitable left over, if you so wish.

Not particularly close to Lewisham (edge of the Chilterns) but walking
distance from the station or I'll be taking the car in to Bermondsey over
the BH w'end.

Drop me an email.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:

A poor impoverished student I know is looking for a ladies bike for
someone 5'1" for not a lot of cash

Assuming this is isn't a ladies bike because she rides in long skirts -
look for an outgrown teenager's bike and put a lady's saddle on it.

Andy