Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Makita praise

Just before Xmas last year I treated myself to a Makita DF010DSE 7.2v driver
http://www.itslondon.co.uk/pd_MAKDF0...rillDriver.htm

Bought it via EBAY from somewhere on the Isle of Wight. Last week it
developed a fault with the torque selector. The people I got it from were
not a Makita service agent, so passed me to Makita, who gave me the details
for the local agent - a hire company.

Took it into the hire company last Tuesday afternoon, they called today to
say it was ready. To my surprise Makita replaced it with a brand new one!
Not only that, I'd just returned the tool & 1 battery. They sent a complete
new one, 2 x batteries, charger, case, bits etc.

Can't argue with after sales service like that.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bought it via EBAY from somewhere on the Isle of Wight.

I've also bought Makita stuff from the ebay seller on the IoW, and found
them good, but I've not had any faults so not tried the after-sales service.

Dave - on the back of your praise for impact drivers I recently bought the
Ryobi one (as I have loads of Ryobi cordless stuff and batteries already)
and can report that it is very good - I've not used anything else for
driving screws since!

Alan.

In praise of RCM'ers Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 24 April 7th 09 01:34 AM
In praise of Earlex rrh UK diy 15 November 22nd 08 10:21 PM
Praise for Delta tdup2 Woodturning 3 May 21st 06 05:16 PM
OT - High Praise for the US Daven Thrice Metalworking 44 September 19th 04 04:38 PM