DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   VAX carpet washer problem (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/300886-vax-carpet-washer-problem.html)

Peter Twydell[_2_] April 3rd 10 12:43 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

The Medway Handyman[_2_] April 3rd 10 02:05 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?

Most likely fault is a build up of detergent residue.

Does that model have a pump or does the liquid flow by gravity?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Peter Twydell[_2_] April 3rd 10 02:19 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?

Most likely fault is a build up of detergent residue.

Does that model have a pump or does the liquid flow by gravity?

Just old-fashioned gravity - what Newton discovered when Granny Smith
fell on his head.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

The Medway Handyman[_2_] April 3rd 10 02:42 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?

Most likely fault is a build up of detergent residue.

Does that model have a pump or does the liquid flow by gravity?

Just old-fashioned gravity - what Newton discovered when Granny Smith
fell on his head.

Gotta be bunged up then I reckon. Fush it with a white vinegar solution.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Lobster April 3rd 10 07:19 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
Most likely fault is a build up of detergent residue.

Does that model have a pump or does the liquid flow by gravity?

Just old-fashioned gravity - what Newton discovered when Granny Smith
fell on his head.

Gotta be bunged up then I reckon.

Who, Granny or Newton?

David June 25th 11 12:56 AM

VAX carpet washer problem

snip

Good idea to flush the machine with plain water after every use to
stop this happening.

[email protected] October 13th 13 04:03 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

On Saturday, 3 April 2010 11:43:27 UTC+1, Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

This happened to our machine, no blockages, the trigger mechanism needs a 5p piece putting underneath the trigger - pull out the orange securing clip from the base of the handle, lift off the handle and place a 5p piece on top of the release button (you might want to put a bit of blue tack under to hold secure), re assemble the handle and no more problems!! Bryan

Phil L October 13th 13 04:08 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

wrote:

This happened to our machine, no blockages, the trigger mechanism
needs a 5p piece putting underneath the trigger - pull out the
orange securing clip from the base of the handle, lift off the handle
and place a 5p piece on top of the release button (you might want to
put a bit of blue tack under to hold secure), re assemble the handle
and no more problems!! Bryan

Why are you responding to a three year old question?

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] October 13th 13 05:14 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

On 13/10/13 15:03, wrote:
On Saturday, 3 April 2010 11:43:27 UTC+1, Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

This happened to our machine, no blockages, the trigger mechanism needs a 5p piece putting underneath the trigger - pull out the orange securing clip from the base of the handle, lift off the handle and place a 5p piece on top of the release button (you might want to put a bit of blue tack under to hold secure), re assemble the handle and no more problems!! Bryan

alternatively get a warranty replacement part. we now have about half
ours replaced under warranty.

It truly is an even bigger peice of **** than the dyson SWMBO also bought.

By making a nuisance of yuourself with VAX they MIGHT just realise a
better design would save them money. Though I doubt it.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Brian Gaff October 13th 13 05:32 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

Its always the small design things that ruin a good design though. I have a
Vax vacuum, and the three main idiot design decisions are.
Cleaner too low to the floor resulting in any raised areas like carpet
securing strips at doorways gouging lumps out of the bottom
Rotating brush tool that has its swivel made of such thin plastic that it
breaks off most of the timees you use it

Terribly designed muck container that needs such precise alignment to
replace that it needs some minutes and lots of swearing to get the thing
emptied.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
On 13/10/13 15:03, wrote:
[...]

lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members
of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded
with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.

Dave Liquorice[_2_] October 13th 13 08:26 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:08:02 +0100, Phil L wrote:

wrote:

Why are you responding to a three year old question?

'cause 'es a plonker on google groups?

--
Cheers
Dave.

[email protected] July 25th 18 03:45 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

The plug between water tank & what it sits on has come apart don't know how to put it back

[email protected] December 5th 19 09:13 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

On Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 11:43:27 AM UTC+1, Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix it?
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!

had same problem what I did was remove the brushes and bottom one with I think its 7 spinning brushes underneath is a fitting look like a large allen key socket turn upside down and fill this socket with malt vinegar at first didn't move few seconds later the vinegar had gone fill it again .
next put cleaner right way up no brushes plug in switch on and press trigger water should then come through, testing this should be over sink as spray could make a mess. hope this helps a lot of other as it did me.
all the best Peter

Rod Speed December 5th 19 09:27 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

.
next put cleaner right way up no brushes plug in switch on and press
trigger water should then come through, testing this should be over sink
as spray could make a mess. hope this helps a lot of other as it did me.
all the best Peter

Unlikely it wasnt fixed in the 10 years since then.

Peeler[_4_] December 5th 19 10:43 PM

UNBELIEVABLE: It's 07:27 am in Australia and the Senile Ozzietard has been out of Bed and TROLLING for OVER SIX HOURS already!!!! LOL

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 07:27:39 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the clinically insane senile idiot's troll****

07:27? ...and you've been up and trolling for OVER SIX HOURS already, yet
again!!! LMAO

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates

Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) December 6th 19 08:17 AM

VAX carpet washer problem

Only 9 years late this time congratulations.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

[email protected] August 5th 20 08:31 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

On Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 11:43:27 AM UTC+1, Peter Twydell wrote:
Our VAX V-024 carpet washer now refuses to dispense water when the
trigger is pulled. I have dismantled it and found nothing obviously
wrong.

the brush on the bottom do not rotate. the hose that fits on the front dose not work you have to hold it in place for it to work

Millar

Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) August 5th 20 10:32 PM

VAX carpet washer problem

I remember this old friend, odd to see it back again, its not even its
birthday!
Brian

--
----- --