Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help-to-Pie

Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

Lots of stories of people doubling up on the full English
at places like 'Spoons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2020 15:48, Andrew wrote:
Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

Lots of stories of people doubling up on the full English
at places like 'Spoons.

plenty of pigging at the Beijing Banquet .....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why is it only mon to wed though?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

Lots of stories of people doubling up on the full English
at places like 'Spoons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I presume these are the 'quiet days' after a weekend.

The quiet days will simply be Thurs to Sunday instead.

Andrew

On 04/08/2020 16:23, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Why is it only mon to wed though?
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Why is it only mon to wed though?

Because that is the quieter time.

Completely stupid imo to be encouraging people to eat out
inside where its impossible to stop aerosol spreading of the virus.

"Andrew" wrote in message
Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

Lots of stories of people doubling up on the full English
at places like 'Spoons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 07:47:07 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Richard about senile Rodent:
"Rod Speed, a bare faced pig and ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 15:48:07 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

I wouldn't go into a cafe, pub or restaurant yet if they were giving
the food away!

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In my view it also makes people eat double portions so making them fat!
Still, life is a compromise and the point clearly is that they want us to
catch the virus, but not all at once. That is why they want to get folk back
to work, and not sitting on the beach next to other infected folk.
Its got to be as gradual as possible. They have seen the writing on the
wall about how long to get enough vaccine produced and every country in the
world would be bust by then otherwise.
It seems pragmatic but logical to do as we are doing.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

"Andrew" wrote in message
Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

Lots of stories of people doubling up on the full English
at places like 'Spoons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

In my view it also makes people eat double portions so making them fat!
Still, life is a compromise and the point clearly is that they want us to
catch the virus, but not all at once. That is why they want to get folk
back to work, and not sitting on the beach next to other infected folk.
Its got to be as gradual as possible.

They have seen the writing on the wall about how long to get enough
vaccine produced and every country in the world would be bust by then
otherwise.

Not one of them would be.

It seems pragmatic but logical to do as we are doing.

Even sillier and more pig ignorant than you
usually manage and that’s saying something.

None of New Zealand, Taiwan, Vietnam or Australia will be bust, you watch.

No country will go bust if their pubs and restaurants cant open either.

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

"Andrew" wrote in message
Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

Lots of stories of people doubling up on the full English
at places like 'Spoons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 17:18:05 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH the trolling senile pest's latest troll**** unread

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rodent Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

I wouldn't go into a cafe, pub or restaurant yet if they were giving
the food away!

would you eat outside though?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2020 10:45, tim... wrote:

news
wrote:

Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

I wouldn't go into a cafe, pub or restaurant yet if they were giving
the food away!

would you eat outside though?

Nandos serve chickens
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 05/08/2020 10:45, tim... wrote:

news
wrote:

Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

I wouldn't go into a cafe, pub or restaurant yet if they were giving
the food away!

would you eat outside though?

Nandos serve chickens

do they?

do the chickens have to eat outside as well?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 10:45:45 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

news
wrote:

Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

I wouldn't go into a cafe, pub or restaurant yet if they were giving
the food away!

would you eat outside though?

Nope.

It really isn't worth that increased risk and would make a mockery of
us not doing any serious shopping ourselves etc?

Since lockdown we have only driven the car about 3 times (locally) and
haven't bought petrol etc.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 12:30:20 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

snip

Nandos serve chickens

do they?

do the chickens have to eat outside as well?

Oh how we laughed ...

See, I could well be symptomatic and so be giving C0vid19 to others so
'of course' I would keep away from as many people as possible and 'of
course' no left brainer would see the point / merits of doing so for
'everyone'.

"Vegan Mains at Nando's

Veggie burger, wrap, or pitta – just make sure to specify you'd like
it without mayo or yoghurt.

Portobello mushroom and halloumi burger, wrap, or pitta – but ask for
it without the halloumi, obviously. ...

Quinoa salad – ask for it without the feta cheese.

Mediterranean salad – skip the feta."

Cheers, T i m.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

I wouldn't go into a cafe, pub or restaurant yet if they were giving
the food away!

Cheers, T i m

If they were giving it away, it would probably be crowded out.

McD seem to have reduced their prices. And become busier.

I have had tea and cake in a cafe with a spacious garden.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

I wouldn't go into a cafe, pub or restaurant yet if they were giving
the food away!

If they were giving it away, it would probably be crowded out.

Followed by the hospitals, the delays before normality returns and the
'cost' of it all.

McD seem to have reduced their prices. And become busier.

I have had tea and cake in a cafe with a spacious garden.

And you ate the cake with the fork you took there yourself I hope? ;-)

Do they have sneeze shields on staff side of the cake storage nowdays?

How often (on a busy day) do they wash their hands, especially after
clearing the tables or handling cash?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"tim..." wrote in message

news
wrote:

Has anyone had a half-price meal yet ?.

I wouldn't go into a cafe, pub or restaurant yet if they were giving
the food away!

would you eat outside though?

Nope, too much risk of an infected staff monkey putting
virus on the stuff you eat it off or the utensils or tables etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 06:01:06 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Sqwertz to Rodent Speed:
asshole.
MID: