How to dismantle a dyson?

Old October 26th 03, 12:05 PM
dave cunningham

Default How to dismantle a dyson?

After many lead changes we seem to have something more fundamentally
broken on our dyson dc04.

For whatever reason the brush heads intermittently disengage - from a
cursory poke about, it seems either the belt is slipping or the brush
head switch is broken.

I'm having problems working out how to take the base apart to get access
to the inards to find out more. Has anyone got instructions on how to do
so - thus far I've found 8 torx screws (2 underneath & 6 topside) but
removing these doesn't seem to help much?

Comments from anyone who's had similar problems are also welcome!

--
Dave Cunningham dave at upsilon org uk
PGP KEY ID: 0xA78636DC
Old October 26th 03, 01:52 PM
dave cunningham

In message , Huge wrote

Comments from anyone who's had similar problems are also welcome!

Chuck it away and buy a decent vacuum cleaner.

Maybe from your point of view, but I'd rather spend 20 to repair what I
have than 100+ to replace it.

There's a useful page here should anyone else have the same problem
http://www.moseng.fsnet.co.uk/personal/clutch/clutch.html.

Old October 27th 03, 11:15 AM
Alan

"Huge" wrote in message
dave cunningham ] writes:
After many lead changes we seem to have something more fundamentally
broken on our dyson dc04.

For whatever reason the brush heads intermittently disengage - from a
cursory poke about, it seems either the belt is slipping or the brush
head switch is broken.

I'm having problems working out how to take the base apart to get access
to the inards to find out more. Has anyone got instructions on how to do
so - thus far I've found 8 torx screws (2 underneath & 6 topside) but
removing these doesn't seem to help much?

Comments from anyone who's had similar problems are also welcome!

Chuck it away and buy a decent vacuum cleaner.

Don't agree.

The Dyson we have (bought about 2 months ago) is easily the best vacume
we've ever owned in terms of cleaning performance. Model DC08 I think.

Alan.

Old October 27th 03, 11:40 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Alan
writes
"Huge" wrote in message

Chuck it away and buy a decent vacuum cleaner.

snip lots - pls snip

Don't agree.

The Dyson we have (bought about 2 months ago) is easily the best vacume
we've ever owned in terms of cleaning performance. Model DC08 I think.

We thought that at first with our DC05 but now I'm just waiting for it
to fall over so that we can buy a Panasonic or similar cyclone.

--
dave @ stejonda
Old October 27th 03, 11:58 AM
Alan

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Alan
writes
"Huge" wrote in message

Chuck it away and buy a decent vacuum cleaner.

snip lots - pls snip

Don't agree.

The Dyson we have (bought about 2 months ago) is easily the best vacume
we've ever owned in terms of cleaning performance. Model DC08 I think.

We thought that at first with our DC05 but now I'm just waiting for it
to fall over so that we can buy a Panasonic or similar cyclone.

--
dave @ stejonda

Never seen the Panasonic - good egh?

Old October 27th 03, 12:16 PM
dave @ stejonda

In message , Alan
writes
Never seen the Panasonic - good egh?

dunno specifically - Matsu****a are a good manufacturer IME

--
dave @ stejonda
Old October 27th 03, 03:40 PM
N. Thornton

The Dyson we have (bought about 2 months ago) is easily the best vacume
we've ever owned in terms of cleaning performance. Model DC08 I think.

We thought that at first with our DC05 but now I'm just waiting for it
to fall over so that we can buy a Panasonic or similar cyclone.

If/when I have to buy a new one its going to be one of those robot
vacuum cleaners. You put it on the floor and it goes round cleaning
the lot. Yes please!

Roombavac.com I think - no connection, but I want one

Regards, NT
Old October 27th 03, 10:33 PM
Grimly Curmudgeon

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:16:02 +0000, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

In message , Alan
writes
Never seen the Panasonic - good egh?

dunno specifically - Matsu****a are a good manufacturer IME

Huh. I thought that about Mitsubishi until I bought one of their vacuum
cleaners. Worked great for two years then was irrepairable.
--

Dave
Old October 28th 03, 07:24 PM
Phil

I had a problem with static with my dyson dco4 and emailed their
customer support and they sent a part free by return post. So far I
find their support ace.

Try it

Its a deluxe domestic appliance, let the experts deal with it. If you
have a Ford you fix it, if you have a toyota they fix it, (properly
with high quality parts an thorough labour).

Phil of Whittlesey Peterborough England
Old November 1st 03, 05:12 PM
John Armstrong

On 27 Oct 2003 07:40:20 -0800, N. Thornton wrote:

If/when I have to buy a new one its going to be one of those robot
vacuum cleaners. You put it on the floor and it goes round cleaning
the lot. Yes please!

Roombavac.com I think - no connection, but I want one

Looks like fun. Not sure what the cats would make of one of those though.
Has the dalek problem when it comes to the stairs too.

Dyson DC04 switch removal. an other UK diy 0 October 15th 03 01:39 PM
Dyson washer fault code impvan UK diy 1 October 7th 03 12:01 AM
Dyson DC04 Switch/Lead John UK diy 0 September 5th 03 03:22 PM
Best place to buy a Dyson DC04? The Q UK diy 4 July 11th 03 01:18 PM
Replace Dyson Plug Ade Smith UK diy 2 July 4th 03 05:23 PM