Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worcester 24i Junor filling key

Hi.

I'm trying to repressurise the system using the inbuilt filling loop
in the boiler, but it's difficult finding the spot where to push the
key in!. It goes in very easily with 2mm remaining, but I can't locate
the point at which I then need to push it in further. How do I find
it?

Cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

blackhead submitted this idea :
I'm trying to repressurise the system using the inbuilt filling loop
in the boiler, but it's difficult finding the spot where to push the
key in!. It goes in very easily with 2mm remaining, but I can't locate
the point at which I then need to push it in further. How do I find
it?

Apply some upwards pressure on the key with one hand, whilst turning it
with the other - you should feel it give a little when it is in the
correct position. Push it all the way then a slight rotation locks it
into place.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Harry
Bloomfield writes
blackhead submitted this idea :
I'm trying to repressurise the system using the inbuilt filling loop
in the boiler, but it's difficult finding the spot where to push the
key in!. It goes in very easily with 2mm remaining, but I can't locate
the point at which I then need to push it in further. How do I find
it?

Apply some upwards pressure on the key with one hand, whilst turning it
with the other - you should feel it give a little when it is in the
correct position. Push it all the way then a slight rotation locks it
into place.

I saw this as a potential problem when I installed my 28i Junior, so I
left it open and incorporated the old filling loop into the system

Glad I did now, Worcester filling keys seem to be a fairly common
problem

--
geoff