Can't reset Philips TV to factory settings

Old March 11th 10, 10:40 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Can't reset Philips TV to factory settings

Have tried to follow the handbook for resetting the Philips TV 32 PFL
5522D by holding down the menu button on the side of the unit for 5
secs but nothing happens. I am trying to link-up a Humax PVR 9150T but
getting an antenna problem message, yet the TV works perfectly when
the antenna is connected directly. I am thinking something is out of
kilter with the TV settings and that's why I want to try to reset it.
Any advice?
Old March 11th 10, 02:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
"barontorc" wrote in message ...
Have tried to follow the handbook for resetting the Philips TV 32 PFL
5522D by holding down the menu button on the side of the unit for 5
secs but nothing happens. I am trying to link-up a Humax PVR 9150T but
getting an antenna problem message, yet the TV works perfectly when
the antenna is connected directly. I am thinking something is out of
kilter with the TV settings and that's why I want to try to reset it.
Any advice?

There dosn't apear to be any evidence that there is anything wrong with your TV
from what you have told us. Perhaps something is wrong with the RF pass-through
of the Hummy assuming you have the TV aerial connected to the Hummy.

I assume the TV is also connected to the Hummy with a SCART and
this works OK.

Old March 11th 10, 03:30 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graham." wrote in message

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
"barontorc" wrote in message
Have tried to follow the handbook for resetting the Philips TV 32 PFL
5522D by holding down the menu button on the side of the unit for 5
secs but nothing happens. I am trying to link-up a Humax PVR 9150T but
getting an antenna problem message, yet the TV works perfectly when
the antenna is connected directly. I am thinking something is out of
kilter with the TV settings and that's why I want to try to reset it.
Any advice?

There dosn't apear to be any evidence that there is anything wrong with
your TV
from what you have told us. Perhaps something is wrong with the RF
pass-through
of the Hummy assuming you have the TV aerial connected to the Hummy.

I assume the TV is also connected to the Hummy with a SCART and
this works OK.

Graham's response looks very good.

You may find this interesting:

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/connecthelp.php

Old March 11th 10, 03:38 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"barontorc" wrote in message
Have tried to follow the handbook for resetting the Philips TV 32 PFL
5522D by holding down the menu button on the side of the unit for 5
secs but nothing happens. I am trying to link-up a Humax PVR 9150T but
getting an antenna problem message, yet the TV works perfectly when
the antenna is connected directly. I am thinking something is out of
kilter with the TV settings and that's why I want to try to reset it.
Any advice?

Presuming you have an aerial lead between the Humax and the TV than do you
have the Humax switched on? Some RF through links need the power on.