Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Paint on stone mullions

Nice windows with stone mullions, but previous decorators have
splashed a multitude of colours around the edges next to the glass.

Any good tips on how to remove such paint. Probably all water based.

Brick acid ?

Mike P the 1st

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6 Mar, 16:25, JimK wrote:

angle grinder

With a plastic scouring pad "paint remover" disk. Just watch not to
catch the edges, as the disks are quite flimsy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 6, 4:31 pm, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 6 Mar, 16:25, JimK wrote:

angle grinder

With a plastic scouring pad "paint remover" disk. Just watch not to
catch the edges, as the disks are quite flimsy.

well they're OK if the surface is flat....

flapwheel on a drill/dremel if not?

JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 08:36:43 -0800 (PST), JimK
gently dipped his quill in the best Quink
that money could buy:

On 6 Mar, 16:25, JimK wrote:

angle grinder

With a plastic scouring pad "paint remover" disk. Just watch not to
catch the edges, as the disks are quite flimsy.

well they're OK if the surface is flat....

flapwheel on a drill/dremel if not?

JimK

Hmmmm.. nothing mechanical, or else the stone is going to look
different forever.
The paint is only 4-5mil wide in places.
I did notice that the steamer lifted some of it as I removed wall
paper .. wish I had not papered until it had been sorted now.

Mike P the 1st