Washing Machine Drum Repair

Old March 1st 10, 04:44 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing Machine Drum Repair

There is a hole in the outer plastic drum of my washing machine. I can
reach the hole, somewhat awkwardly, with my hand. I'd like to patch
the hole using some kind of putty. What can people recommend please?
Epoxy putty, car body filler? Thanks.
Old March 1st 10, 05:05 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"tonkski" wrote in message
There is a hole in the outer plastic drum of my washing machine. I can
reach the hole, somewhat awkwardly, with my hand. I'd like to patch
the hole using some kind of putty. What can people recommend please?
Epoxy putty, car body filler? Thanks.

I have used Milliput to fix a leaking washing machine drum.

Old March 1st 10, 07:18 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
tonkski writes:
There is a hole in the outer plastic drum of my washing machine. I can
reach the hole, somewhat awkwardly, with my hand. I'd like to patch
the hole using some kind of putty. What can people recommend please?
Epoxy putty, car body filler? Thanks.

Depends what the drum is made of.
GRP is quite common, in which case resin with glass fibre mat
should work as that's what the drum is anyway.

Drums have large stresses on them, and if the hole is a stress
fracture, then regard it as non-repairable.

--
Andrew Gabriel