Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garden Hut

Been seeing these spring up around the garden centres, with price tags of £
6k to £ 9k+!!

http://www.eastofedenplants.co.uk/tr...t-in-a-day.htm

Strikes me the DIY'er could build this at a fraction, even the build is
detailed at the bottom of the page.

Question though, those huge telegraph poles, are they sunk in the ground or
just affixed to the base?
whats your thoughts?

TIA
--
Vass

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vass" wrote in message
. uk...
Been seeing these spring up around the garden centres, with price tags of
£ 6k to £ 9k+!!

http://www.eastofedenplants.co.uk/tr...t-in-a-day.htm

Strikes me the DIY'er could build this at a fraction, even the build is
detailed at the bottom of the page.

Question though, those huge telegraph poles, are they sunk in the ground
or just affixed to the base?
whats your thoughts?

As a hard standing is already in place, from the pictures
it's clear the poles are attached to the base only.
Not too keen on the look myself.

--
The man who smiles when things go wrong
has thought of someone to blame it on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 10:16:04 +0100, Vass wrote:

Been seeing these spring up around the garden centres, with price tags of £
6k to £ 9k+!!

http://www.eastofedenplants.co.uk/tr...t-in-a-day.htm

Strikes me the DIY'er could build this at a fraction, even the build is
detailed at the bottom of the page.

Question though, those huge telegraph poles, are they sunk in the ground or
just affixed to the base?
whats your thoughts?

TIA

No walls? Tools and machinery would go rusty!
--
Peter.
2x4 - thick plank; 4x4 - two of 'em.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 June, 10:16, "Vass" wrote:

Question though, those huge telegraph poles, are they sunk in the ground or
just affixed to the base?

Just attached, I guess, which is slightly horrible. I'd attach a tie
between the tops.

Tone down the tiki, go with a UK species green roof on the top, and it
wouldn't be a bad thing in the larger garden.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 22, 3:31*pm, Andy Dingley wrote:
On 22 June, 10:16, "Vass" wrote:

Question though, those huge telegraph poles, are they sunk in the ground or
just affixed to the base?

Just attached, I guess, which is slightly horrible. I'd attach a tie
between the tops.

Tone down the tiki, go with a UK species green roof on the top, and it
wouldn't be a bad thing in the larger garden.

In the sun they look great but what about the other 10 months of the
year? Bit of a liability IMO keeping them free of mildew and rodent
infestation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Vass" wrote in message
. uk...
Been seeing these spring up around the garden centres, with price tags of
£ 6k to £ 9k+!!

http://www.eastofedenplants.co.uk/tr...t-in-a-day.htm

Strikes me the DIY'er could build this at a fraction, even the build is
detailed at the bottom of the page.

Question though, those huge telegraph poles, are they sunk in the ground
or just affixed to the base?
whats your thoughts?

Called Gazebos when they've got a more shed like roof.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mark" wrote in message

"Vass" wrote in message
. uk...
Been seeing these spring up around the garden centres, with price tags of
£ 6k to £ 9k+!!

http://www.eastofedenplants.co.uk/tr...t-in-a-day.htm

Strikes me the DIY'er could build this at a fraction, even the build is
detailed at the bottom of the page.

Question though, those huge telegraph poles, are they sunk in the ground
or just affixed to the base?
whats your thoughts?

Called Gazebos when they've got a more shed like roof.

mark

Blimey - it has only been hot for about two days...........................

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vass wrote:

Been seeing these spring up around the garden centres, with price
tags of £ 6k to £ 9k+!!

http://www.eastofedenplants.co.uk/tr...t-in-a-day.htm

Strikes me the DIY'er could build this at a fraction, even the build
is detailed at the bottom of the page.

Question though, those huge telegraph poles, are they sunk in the
ground or just affixed to the base? whats your thoughts?

TIA

British people go nut when there is a hint of warmth (which they have
the right too as our weather is so crap). It would only usful for 2
months of the year and have rotted away in 5 years.

--
---
zaax

What is it? (Garden Structure) [email protected] UK diy 0 May 8th 09 11:10 AM
Decking a Garden Thomarse UK diy 6 January 25th 08 06:06 PM
GARDEN BENCH J T Woodworking 0 September 3rd 07 09:45 PM
Add home & Garden site to Home & garden directory xsYSN Add your Site Home Repair 0 July 3rd 07 12:00 PM
8x6 Garden Hut Woodworking 3 May 14th 05 11:42 AM