Marley guttering - rubber seals

Old January 13th 10, 07:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Marley guttering - rubber seals

does anyone know of a source wher you can buy just the rubber strip
they use in the guttering joins and endcaps ... my local plumbers
merchant claims you have to buy the whole fitting ....

****ing guttering has started to leak at the join - it's been 7 years
since I fitted it, and I guess expanding ice has distorted the seal.
Currently the ice is 2" thick in the gutter ... I'll have to wait for
it to thaw before repairing.
Old January 13th 10, 08:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Jethro submitted this idea :
does anyone know of a source wher you can buy just the rubber strip
they use in the guttering joins and endcaps ... my local plumbers
merchant claims you have to buy the whole fitting ....

****ing guttering has started to leak at the join - it's been 7 years
since I fitted it, and I guess expanding ice has distorted the seal.
Currently the ice is 2" thick in the gutter ... I'll have to wait for
it to thaw before repairing.

I would expect the seal has just been pushed out of its seating and
will put back in.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Old January 13th 10, 08:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Jethro wrote:
does anyone know of a source wher you can buy just the rubber strip
they use in the guttering joins and endcaps ... my local plumbers
merchant claims you have to buy the whole fitting ....

Larger B&Q stores have them on the shelf.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Old January 13th 10, 11:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 20:52:47 GMT, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:

Jethro wrote:
does anyone know of a source wher you can buy just the rubber strip
they use in the guttering joins and endcaps ... my local plumbers
merchant claims you have to buy the whole fitting ....

Larger B&Q stores have them on the shelf.

Bugger, I could have saved ****ing about with mastic a few weeks back
if I'd known that!