Building Regs Compliance Certificate for new boiler

Old January 4th 10, 04:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Building Regs Compliance Certificate for new boiler

Hi all

My parents had a Worcester Bosch 24i Junior combi boiler fitted just before
Christmas.
Having had a replacement boiler myself in 2006, I noted that they had not
received a Building Regs Compliance Cert for their install.
Is this something that the installer applies to Corgi (or perhaps Gas-Safe)
for?
If it has to come from the above organisation(s) I could believe that the
plumber has applied for it, but it has been delayed with the Xmas mail.
The job seems to have been done quite well - interesting that he has used
all copper pipe for new runs (rather than plastic).

Phil

Old January 4th 10, 05:12 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 4, 4:02*pm, "TheScullster" wrote:
My parents had a Worcester Bosch 24i Junior combi boiler fitted just before
Christmas.
If it has to come from the above organisation(s) I could believe that the
plumber has applied for it, but it has been delayed with the Xmas mail.
The job seems to have been done quite well - interesting that he has used
all copper pipe for new runs (rather than plastic).

If it comes time to sell the property then just show your solicitor
the blue benchmark guide which proves it was installed by a Gas Safe
person(check the details as are filled in and legible and its signed).
WB would also want to see that if there was a warranty claim. Other
than that, do you really want to encourage more government red
tape?

Dave.
Old January 5th 10, 07:46 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:02:10 +0000, TheScullster wrote:

Hi all

My parents had a Worcester Bosch 24i Junior combi boiler fitted just before
Christmas.
Having had a replacement boiler myself in 2006, I noted that they had not
received a Building Regs Compliance Cert for their install.
Is this something that the installer applies to Corgi (or perhaps Gas-Safe)
for?
If it has to come from the above organisation(s) I could believe that the
plumber has applied for it, but it has been delayed with the Xmas mail.
The job seems to have been done quite well - interesting that he has used
all copper pipe for new runs (rather than plastic).

They might give the installer a polite nudge to remind him, but if he's
like me he's struggling to keep up with boiler & heating breakdowns (plus
the backlog of work from the xmas hols) and getting round to notifying
work may have gone on the back burner for a while. I've got a few
notifiable jobs waiting for Tuits.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk
Old January 5th 10, 10:11 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"YAPH" wrote

They might give the installer a polite nudge to remind him, but if he's
like me he's struggling to keep up with boiler & heating breakdowns (plus
the backlog of work from the xmas hols) and getting round to notifying
work may have gone on the back burner for a while. I've got a few
notifiable jobs waiting for Tuits.

Thanks John
They are hoping to qualify for this latest boiler swap grant and will be
contacting the installer - so a hint on the certificate should be easily
included.

Phil

Old January 5th 10, 08:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 10:11:23 +0000, TheScullster wrote:

They are hoping to qualify for this latest boiler swap grant and will be
contacting the installer - so a hint on the certificate should be easily
included.

If you mean the scrappage scheme I thought that had only just gone live,
so if they had theirs installed some weeks ago would they qualify?

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

The clairvoyants' meeting has been cancelled due to unforseen circumstances.
Old January 6th 10, 02:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"YAPH" wrote

If you mean the scrappage scheme I thought that had only just gone live,
so if they had theirs installed some weeks ago would they qualify?

Not sure John TBH.
The install was early December and they have mentioned 300.

Phil