Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neighbour cooking smells

I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will be the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is destoying my
life

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1188915-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mandros m wrote

I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will be
the cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time
day&nite my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is
destoying my life

Set fire to yourself outside the council offices with
the media filming that. That will get some action.

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1188915-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/02/2017 23:14, Mandros wrote:
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will
be the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time
day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is
destoying my

Cooking your neighbours is probably not doing many favours for them
either ;-)

Could you be a bit more specific?

What type of property?

Where the smells are coming from?
How you think they are getting into your place etc.

What you have tried so far?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Oh dear.
There has to be some cooperation between yourself and the neighbour to
track the hole or holes where its coming through. assuming its a terraced
house for example the stairs may well be where the hole is in a cupboard
either in the kitchen or under the stairs where they join the party wall. In
my house its a cupboard where the idea was that a larder with an air vent in
the top was built under the rise of the stairs. Sadly the designers made the
void to the outside shared between the two houses, no doubt for cheapness.

One person in one house with something smelly t trying the various places
while the other one sniffs in those places the other side of the wall in
your house.
The basic principals of this are no doubt the same for flats and other
buildings.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Mandros" m wrote in
message ...
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will be
the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time
day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is destoying
my
life

--
for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1188915-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 11:14:05 PM UTC, Mandros wrote:
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will be the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is destoying my
life

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1188915-.htm

A d-i-y solution might be to install a fan blowing fresh air IN to your property. This would slightly pressurise the house. Then any flow through grills, open windows and holes would be outward so no smells would enter.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2017 09:03, RobertL wrote:
On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 11:14:05 PM UTC, Mandros wrote:
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will be the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is destoying my
life

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...s-1188915-.htm

A d-i-y solution might be to install a fan blowing fresh air IN to your property. This would slightly pressurise the house. Then any flow through grills, open windows and holes would be outward so no smells would enter.

Robert

If you do that then fitting a carbon filter on the inlet will remove
smells coming in too.

The DIY approach is one of the big carbon filters used for getting rid
of the smell while growing drugs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 09/02/2017 23:14, Mandros wrote:
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will
be the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time
day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is
destoying my

Cooking your neighbours is probably not doing many favours for them
either ;-)

Could you be a bit more specific?

What type of property?

Where the smells are coming from?
How you think they are getting into your place etc.

What you have tried so far?

From the tone of the message, I think psychiatric help might be most
appropriate.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
[...]

But dont be too surprised if the cops show up with guns.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/10/2017 11:42 AM, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 09/02/2017 23:14, Mandros wrote:
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will
be the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time
day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is
destoying my

Cooking your neighbours is probably not doing many favours for them
either ;-)

Could you be a bit more specific?

What type of property?

Where the smells are coming from?
How you think they are getting into your place etc.

What you have tried so far?

From the tone of the message, I think psychiatric help might be most
appropriate.

Tim

I think that is a bit harsh. I think John's questions are a good start.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:
On 2/10/2017 11:42 AM, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 09/02/2017 23:14, Mandros wrote:
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will
be the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time
day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is
destoying my

Cooking your neighbours is probably not doing many favours for them
either ;-)

Could you be a bit more specific?

What type of property?

Where the smells are coming from?
How you think they are getting into your place etc.

What you have tried so far?

From the tone of the message, I think psychiatric help might be most
appropriate.

Tim

I think that is a bit harsh. I think John's questions are a good start.

Cooking smells causing a "nervous breakdown"? "This is destroying my life"?

No, this guy definitely has problems that go beyond cooking smells.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 2/10/2017 11:42 AM, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 09/02/2017 23:14, Mandros wrote:
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will
be the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time
day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is
destoying my

Cooking your neighbours is probably not doing many favours for them
either ;-)

Could you be a bit more specific?

What type of property?

Where the smells are coming from?
How you think they are getting into your place etc.

What you have tried so far?

From the tone of the message, I think psychiatric help might be most
appropriate.

Tim

I think that is a bit harsh. I think John's questions are a good start.

Cooking smells causing a "nervous breakdown"? "This is destroying my life"?

No, this guy definitely has problems that go beyond cooking smells.

Tim

I should have added that I'm not criticising John's practical suggestions,
but the OPs message was loaded with emotional content rather than useful
info.

If the problem was *just* cooking smells, I would have expected to OP to
post some useful information rather than how awful he feels about it.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/02/2017 21:58, Tim+ wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 2/10/2017 11:42 AM, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 09/02/2017 23:14, Mandros wrote:
I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will
be the
cause they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time
day&nite
my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is
destoying my

Cooking your neighbours is probably not doing many favours for them
either ;-)

Could you be a bit more specific?

What type of property?

Where the smells are coming from?
How you think they are getting into your place etc.

What you have tried so far?

From the tone of the message, I think psychiatric help might be most
appropriate.

Tim

I think that is a bit harsh. I think John's questions are a good start.

Cooking smells causing a "nervous breakdown"? "This is destroying my life"?

No, this guy definitely has problems that go beyond cooking smells.

Tim

I should have added that I'm not criticising John's practical suggestions,
but the OPs message was loaded with emotional content rather than useful
info.

If the problem was *just* cooking smells, I would have expected to OP to
post some useful information rather than how awful he feels about it.

Since it homowners hub, we will probably never get a response anyway
based on previous experience!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 9 February 2017 23:14:05 UTC, Mandros wrote:

I am ready for a nervous breakdown soon and edinburgh city council will be the
cause

As an adult you are responsible for your reactions to things. We all encounter very frustrating people at times.

they wont help me to try resolve this smell i get all the time day&nite

So show us the layout of your windows & the neighbours. Are you both in the same building? Is this neighbour a cafe? That might explain 'all the time'.

my hsing officer does not give a **** please any advice this is destoying my
life

No it's not, but your reaction to it can do.

NT

My new neighbour ARWadsworth UK diy 8 July 22nd 12 11:12 AM
Neighbour's ch system Mary Fisher UK diy 83 April 3rd 06 09:34 PM
Cooking smells coming from other side of semi-detached house - how? Frank H Home Repair 6 March 22nd 06 01:25 PM
Not So Noisy Neighbour allan tracy UK diy 8 January 28th 06 01:57 PM
Advice on dealing with neighbour's cooking smells? [email protected] UK diy 18 August 19th 05 08:47 PM