Powercraft/Aldi tools gone for good?

Old December 22nd 09, 11:14 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Powercraft/Aldi tools gone for good?

Hi,

I found an article on the internet saying Omega Wolf (Powercraft) had
gone into liquidation way back in July. Sorry I can't find the URL
right now. Does this mean the end for cheap tools at Aldi?

TIA
Old December 22nd 09, 11:17 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Fred wrote:
Hi,

I found an article on the internet saying Omega Wolf (Powercraft) had
gone into liquidation way back in July. Sorry I can't find the URL
right now. Does this mean the end for cheap tools at Aldi?

TIA

Omega Wolf was only one source for their tools.
Workzone range seem to be going strong still.
The chinese are no doubt still making the stuff OW peddled
and they will find a way. Aldi will want to keep up with the Lidl offers
anyway.
The market will prevail!

Bob
Old December 22nd 09, 11:52 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 22, 10:14*am, Fred wrote:
Hi,

I found an article on the internet saying Omega Wolf (Powercraft) had
gone into liquidation way back in July. Sorry I can't find the URL
right now. Does this mean the end for cheap tools at Aldi?

TIA

The last two they had in (the Fein clone and the swing drill) came via
Ferm.
Old December 22nd 09, 06:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:17:00 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Omega Wolf was only one source for their tools.
Workzone range seem to be going strong still.
The chinese are no doubt still making the stuff OW peddled
and they will find a way. Aldi will want to keep up with the Lidl offers
anyway.
The market will prevail!

I hope so. I was looking forward to buying their small 2 stroke
generator. They sold out before I could get one last time ;(