Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default open vent conversion

hi i am converting my open vent boiler to combi i no a little about it
but could do with a run down on the job please thanks jase.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

james roberts wrote:
hi i am converting my open vent boiler to combi i no a little about it
but could do with a run down on the job please thanks jase.

It would help to be a bit clearer about what you are doing.

Are you *replacng* your boiler with a combi or are you converting your open
vented system into a closed one with a pressure vessel?

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 23, 10:25*am, "Tim" wrote:
james roberts wrote:
hi i am converting myopenventboiler tocombii no a little about it
but could do with a run down on the job please thanks jase.

It would help to be a bit clearer about what you are doing.

Are you *replacng* your boiler with acombior are you converting youropen
vented system into a closed one with a pressure vessel?

Tim

hi tim yes im converting to a combi boiler from open vent and changing
boiler posistion it would be a great help to me if you could give a
step by step guide on this i no a bit about it
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"jimmy" wrote in message
On Oct 23, 10:25 am, "Tim" wrote:
james roberts wrote:
hi i am converting myopenventboiler tocombii no a little about it
but could do with a run down on the job please thanks jase.

It would help to be a bit clearer about what you are doing.

Are you *replacng* your boiler with acombior are you converting youropen
vented system into a closed one with a pressure vessel?

Tim

hi tim yes im converting to a combi boiler from open vent and changing
boiler posistion it would be a great help to me if you could give a
step by step guide on this i no a bit about it

Don't try it - you are not qualified.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

hi tim yes im converting to a combi boiler from open vent and changing
boiler posistion it would be a great help to me if you could give a
step by step guide on this i no a bit about it

Don't try it - you are not qualified.

Better still wait until 5th November and then start .... it'll give the
neighbours a free firework display !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 23, 3:06*pm, jimmy wrote:
On Oct 23, 10:25*am, "Tim" wrote:

james roberts wrote:
hi i am converting myopenventboiler tocombii no a little about it
but could do with a run down on the job please thanks jase.

It would help to be a bit clearer about what you are doing.

Are you *replacng* your boiler with acombior are you converting youropen
vented system into a closed one with a pressure vessel?

Tim

hi tim yes im converting to a combi boiler from open vent and changing
boiler posistion it would be a great help to me if you could give a
step by step guide on this

i no a bit about it

people that think they have some idea but dont are the most dangerous.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:06:51 -0700, jimmy wrote:

hi tim yes im converting to a combi boiler from open vent and changing
boiler posistion it would be a great help to me if you could give a
step by step guide on this i no a bit about it

Step 1. Read the diy faq wiki at wiki.diyfaq.org.uk pages on types of
boilers and on central heating and hot water systems, and maybe use
Google to revisit previous discussion here about the relative merits of
sealed versus open vent systems, and combis and other types of hot water
systems.

Step 2. Decide what system suits you best.

Step 3. Get someone competent in to do it.

Seriously: DIY is about doing things within your scope. It really sounds
as if this is outside your scope, and since significant parts of the job
require - by law - that you are competent, it's not, in this case, a
candidate for DIY-ing.

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

An atheist is a person with no invisible means of support

Inlet vent for open fire - ? jal UK diy 27 January 9th 21 10:06 AM
open vent ch? Stephen[_2_] UK diy 25 July 30th 08 10:04 PM
Open-pit mining and open-cast quarrying equipment [email protected] Woodworking 0 August 23rd 06 10:56 AM
GE Dryer vent conversion from back to side Dave Combs Home Repair 3 March 21st 06 11:51 AM
Roof vent with an open/close switch for cathedral ceiling? Joey Goldstein Home Repair 4 July 15th 05 05:05 PM