Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Potentiometer

Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP
switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with!
Would like to avoid paying massive handling/small order/ postage
charges. TIA
Allan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 06:31:08 -0700, Allan Mac wrote:

Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP
switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with!

Hmm, if you can't get something directly, maybe a standard 2k2 pot -
extend the shaft if necessary, glue a couple of cams to it which operate a
pair of suitable microswitches? Add some bracketry to make it
panel-mounting...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct, 14:31, Allan Mac wrote:
Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP
switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with!
Would like to avoid paying massive handling/small order/ postage
charges. *TIA
Allan

Maplins have 1K, 4K7 and 10K on their website, so might be in a shop
near you. I should think 4K7 would be OK.

Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Allan Mac wrote:
Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP
switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with!
Would like to avoid paying massive handling/small order/ postage
charges. TIA
Allan

TYCO 23ESA222MMF50AF from CPC or Farnell. Cost you a tenner or so with
small handling charge.

4.7k from Maplin Part No. FW41U. £2.39 +£2.99 delivery.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct, 14:31, Allan Mac wrote:
Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP
switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with!
Would like to avoid paying massive handling/small order/ postage
charges. *TIA
Allan

Don't forget you need to specify linear or log - if it's an audio
volume control you most likely want log.
CPC have both: http://tinyurl.com/cpc2k2pot

( or
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/br...26catalogId%3D
if you don't trust that)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct, 15:36, Dave Osborne wrote:
Allan Mac wrote:
Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP
switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with!
Would like to avoid paying massive handling/small order/ postage
charges. *TIA
Allan

TYCO 23ESA222MMF50AF from CPC or Farnell. Cost you a tenner or so with
small handling charge.

4.7k from Maplin Part No. FW41U. £2.39 +£2.99 delivery.

Thats the ticket......many thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Oct, 16:07, Jules
wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 06:31:08 -0700, Allan Mac wrote:
Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP
switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with!

Hmm, if you can't get something directly, maybe a standard 2k2 pot -
extend the shaft if necessary, glue a couple of cams to it which operate a
pair of suitable microswitches? Add some bracketry to make it
panel-mounting...

Last time I needed something non-standard, I found I could swap a
shell-with-switch with a plain shell as they were all made with the
inside end of the shaft having a switch actuator. But that was many
years ago and I was lucky with the design; these days they're probably
welded and impossible to take apart.

If you use a 4k7 one, you could put a fixed 4k7 resistor in parallel
if the associated circuitry needs about 2k2.

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes:
On 22 Oct, 16:07, Jules
wrote:
[...]

Depending on how it's used in the circuit and how linear you need
the scale, this could give you a funny result.

Somewhat more authentic, if you find a dual switched 4k7, just
parallel up the two halves.

I have ordered from Mouser in the US when I needed something I
just couldn't find here at all (dual 100K lin with motor drive).
However, if handling/small order/ postage charges is a concern,
then that's not a route to go (no choice in my case).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 08:33:21 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I have ordered from Mouser in the US when I needed something I just
couldn't find here at all (dual 100K lin with motor drive). However, if
handling/small order/ postage charges is a concern, then that's not a
route to go (no choice in my case).

Worth looking at DigiKey too. The overheads appear lower to me (same
shipping charge, but with DigiKey I just paid VAT on delivery; with
Mouser I paid VAT and an admin charge to UPS).

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Allan Mac" wrote in message
Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP
switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with!
Would like to avoid paying massive handling/small order/ postage
charges. TIA
Allan

Try here. If it's not mentioned on their website, give them a call, the're
really most helpful:
http://www.bardwells.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23 Oct, 23:04, "the_constructor"
wrote:
"Allan Mac" wrote in message

Hi

anyone know of a source for a 2K2 panel mounting pot with integral DP
switch,. (about 500mW). Plenty of room to play with!
Would like to avoid paying massive handling/small order/ postage
charges. *TIA
Allan

Try here. If it's not mentioned on their website, give them a call, the're
really most helpful:http://www.bardwells.co.uk/

Or here http://www.modecomponents.co.uk/ - They have been great for me
with small orders so far. Delivery has never cost me more than £1.50
and the prices are very honest (most pots listed as £1).