Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heads up - Aldi "Swing Drill" £39.99

Just a heads up on something that looks like it might just be good..

Aldi are doing a 18v "Swing Drill" on 11-10-09 (in my local anyway) that has
a head that can swing through 90 degrees - looks really useful for drilling
through joists for cables!

Picture here
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/media/offer...il_Wk42S21.jpg

Link to offer
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_11527.htm

Or if that doesn't work, then from the main page click on special buys and
select the 11th
http://www.aldi.co.uk

No idea if it is really any good, but it does have a 3 year warranty!

Toby...(No association with Aldi!)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Toby
writes

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/media/offer...ail_Wk42S21.jp

Link to offer
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_11527.htm

Both worked fine for me.

Looks interesting. One point of note may be that it says, "Double bit
holder (for fast transition from drilling to screwdriving)" and not
chuck so I wonder if it only accepts drill bits with hex shanks?
--
fred
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Toby" wrote in message
Just a heads up on something that looks like it might just be good..

Aldi are doing a 18v "Swing Drill" on 11-10-09 (in my local anyway) that
has a head that can swing through 90 degrees - looks really useful for
drilling through joists for cables!

Picture here
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/media/offer...il_Wk42S21.jpg

Link to offer
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_11527.htm

Or if that doesn't work, then from the main page click on special buys and
select the 11th
http://www.aldi.co.uk

No idea if it is really any good, but it does have a 3 year warranty!

Toby...(No association with Aldi!)

They also have a 3200w (surge) 2800w (continuious) petrol generator on
wheels for £149.99 which seems cheap!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message ...
Link to offer
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/2827_11527.htm

Both worked fine for me.

Looks interesting. One point of note may be that it says, "Double bit
holder (for fast transition from drilling to screwdriving)" and not
chuck so I wonder if it only accepts drill bits with hex shanks?
--
fred

Looks like it might be like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjsM1...ayer_embedded#

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Toby wrote:
Just a heads up on something that looks like it might just be good..

Aldi are doing a 18v "Swing Drill" on 11-10-09 (in my local anyway) that
has a head that can swing through 90 degrees - looks really useful for
drilling through joists for cables!

Picture here
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/media/offer...il_Wk42S21.jpg

Don't you just love how their picture shows the drill being used in
'swing' mode, in an unrestricted space where a conventional drill would
have worked just as well (and probably more easily?)!

The end bit that 'swings' looks quite long - certainly a lot longer than
the equivalent dimension in a conventional angled drill: I wonder
whether it will fit between standard joists, the drilling of which would
be its main use I'd have thought?

David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Lobster
writes
Toby wrote:
Just a heads up on something that looks like it might just be good..

Aldi are doing a 18v "Swing Drill" on 11-10-09 (in my local anyway) that
has a head that can swing through 90 degrees - looks really useful for
drilling through joists for cables!

Picture here
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/media/offer...tail_Wk42S21.j

pg

Don't you just love how their picture shows the drill being used in
'swing' mode, in an unrestricted space where a conventional drill would
have worked just as well (and probably more easily?)!

The end bit that 'swings' looks quite long - certainly a lot longer than
the equivalent dimension in a conventional angled drill: I wonder
whether it will fit between standard joists, the drilling of which would
be its main use I'd have thought?

Agreed, the end looks long but it can swing to the side too so it's more
versatile. The video Toby posted shows it (the Ferm version) driving in
screws in what looks like a 4" gap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjsM1...ayer_embedded#

Looks like it could come in handy but I've still to work out whether it
needs hex shanked drills or not.
--
fred