Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler problems

My boiler seems to have developed a fault.
It is a Vokera mynute HE system boiler (hot water tank this is not a
combi)
It seems to be running all the time. After resetting the boiler I mark
both hot water
and radiators to manual off and the boiler keeps running.

There are two 2 port valves one for switching on the hot water and the
other
for switching on the radiators. I notice that the radiators 2 port
valve can be opened and
closed with a lever on the side and I can hear the valve move both
electrically and when
I do it with the level. However the hot water the lever moves straight
across to open
without any resistance (does this mean it is stuck open??).

Any other thoughts about why the boiler has suddenly decided to keep
running.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 9, 4:26*pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Problem found. I set to with a screw driver on the hot water 2 port
valve as I did so it shut. The boiler then
shut down. A sticking 2 port valve.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

In answer to your question about why the boiler was staying on, it is
common to feed the demand from the a cylinder or room stat to the zone
valve and then use the output from the status microswitch in the zone
valve to create the demand for the boiler. That way the boiler isn't
fired until the zone valve is open.

.. . . but, as the OP has discovered, the downside of this system is that if
the valve sticks open, the boiler fires continuously - regardless of demand
from timers and stats.
--
Cheers,
Roger

boiler problems iain_b UK diy 12 September 21st 07 11:54 AM
Boiler problems... Miguel UK diy 4 October 7th 06 03:05 AM
Boiler problems TallJim UK diy 4 September 13th 05 06:53 PM
Boiler problems TallJim UK diy 0 September 13th 05 01:00 PM
Boiler Problems, Please Help george_911 UK diy 2 January 7th 05 02:02 AM