Supplier for rubber seals for conservatory?

Old July 8th 09, 11:39 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Supplier for rubber seals for conservatory?

All the windows and polycarbonate roofing panels on my 20 year old uPVC
conservatory are held in by uPVC glazing beads, fitted with rubber a sealing
strip which has quite a complex cross-section - see
http://www.mills37.plus.com/Glazing_seal.JPG

These rubber strips have all shrunk such that the roof sometimes leaks. It
doesn't always do it - it depends on wind direction - but is nevertheless
annoying. I would like to replace the rubber strips, but don't know where to
get replacements. I'm not quite sure of the correct description for them,
which makes Goggling difficult!

I would be very grateful for any help both in namimg them correctly and in
suggesting suppliers who might be able to supply this stuff. The original
conservatory suppliers have long gone out of business, so I can't ask them!
I have a feeling that they got their materials from Germany at the time, but
I'm not certain of that. As far as size goes, the max horizontal dimension
(in the orientation of my photo) is about 20mm and vertical 9mm.

TIA.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old July 8th 09, 12:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

Any of this any use?

http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/bbCMS/s...DepartmentId=4

Never used them so not a recommendation.

Andrew
Old July 8th 09, 01:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
[...]

Snip

Have a look here. http://www.coh-baines.co.uk/
They are willing to send a sample if you ask.
I have used them for about 30+ years. They are the "Experts" in rubber
extrusions.
Baz.

Old July 8th 09, 04:39 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew May wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

Part number WS2272 looks possible...

--
Cheers,

John.

Old July 8th 09, 05:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

Andrew May wrote:
Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

Yes, thanks - and to Andrew!

I have contacted them and they are sending me a sample.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old July 8th 09, 06:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Baz wrote:

Have a look here. http://www.coh-baines.co.uk/
They are willing to send a sample if you ask.
I have used them for about 30+ years. They are the "Experts" in rubber
extrusions.
Baz.

Thanks for the link. I can't see quite the right thing in their on-line
catalogue, but I've emailed them - so we'll see what transpires.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old July 9th 09, 12:09 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
[...]

Have a look at www.hdhardware.co.uk I used them recently to replace some
perished gasket (this is the term used). It wasn't an exact match, but
did the job. They will send samples, but make a small charge for it.

Paul R
Old July 9th 09, 03:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul R wrote:

Have a look at www.hdhardware.co.uk I used them recently to replace
some perished gasket (this is the term used). It wasn't an exact
match, but did the job. They will send samples, but make a small
charge for it.
Paul R

Many thanks for the link. They have a lot of likely looking candidates, so I
am hopeful. I have emailed them, but have not yet had a reply.

I have also contacted *their* supplier (Euroseal) - who are sending me a
sample of the most likely candidate.
--
Cheers,
Roger