Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wrong Nails ?

I will be glueing and pinning my door frame sections
soon and I ordered 3" lost heads from screwfix.
Should I have bought ovals for hammering through the glued M & T
joints?

Thanks.

Arthur
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arthur 51 wrote:
I will be glueing and pinning my door frame sections
soon and I ordered 3" lost heads from screwfix.
Should I have bought ovals for hammering through the glued M & T
joints?

I would have thought a lost head "dowel" style nail would be best. In
this application you want something strong in shear - ovals are very
poor in this respect.

--
Cheers,

John.

Why not nails? JC[_2_] Home Repair 21 May 24th 08 06:29 AM
A whole lot of nails Dave In Houston Woodworking Plans and Photos 9 November 17th 07 03:19 PM
Which nails to use Chris Styles UK diy 23 October 28th 06 09:28 PM
2' Nails [email protected] UK diy 7 April 3rd 06 05:19 PM
no nails shushin UK diy 8 May 7th 05 07:30 PM