Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anvil lopper spares

So I seem to have thrown out the paperwork, and Aldi have been useless.

I have a telescopic anvil lopper from them that has been marvellous, but
the anvil has now sheared off. It's a simple bolt-on part and would be a
10 second job to replace, but Aldi don't show these loppers on their
website and the store manager couldn't help. He remembered these loppers
and says they were badged as "Gardenline", but Gardenline is a front for
loads of manufacturers or importers. Today I've rung 4, but they all
deny responsibility, and I can only take so much music on hold.

The label on them just says "TELE" in big letters. They look similar to
some advertised under the Draper name.

I suppose no-one can provide any clues about where to look for a new
anvil?

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:
So I seem to have thrown out the paperwork, and Aldi have been useless.

I have a telescopic anvil lopper from them that has been marvellous, but
the anvil has now sheared off. It's a simple bolt-on part and would be a
10 second job to replace, but Aldi don't show these loppers on their
website and the store manager couldn't help. He remembered these loppers
and says they were badged as "Gardenline", but Gardenline is a front for
loads of manufacturers or importers. Today I've rung 4, but they all
deny responsibility, and I can only take so much music on hold.

The label on them just says "TELE" in big letters. They look similar to
some advertised under the Draper name.

I suppose no-one can provide any clues about where to look for a new anvil?

Should be fairly ease to fashion a replacement from some brass or hard
aluminium. I'm pretty sure the anvil cutting action is a hardened blade
bearing on a sacrificially soft anvil. Our secateurs certainly are.

Bob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bob Minchin
writes
Bill wrote:
[...]

Well, yes, but it would be so much easier to find the right part if
someone somewhere has a shelf full of them. Several, maybe similar,
incarnations of these devices seem to be sold as having replaceable
anvils. The point really is that, if any unit bought for a pittance
comes with a throw-away cardboard label, and is badged as a certain
"maker", it would be nice to be able to track down the actual supplier.

This lopper probably cost me under a tenner and, as I say, has been
brilliant. Now I'll have to make a path through the junk in the shed,
find some raw material, take all the rubbish off the milling machine and
drill and set to in unbearable heat.

Shame Aldi haven't got the lopper/pruners in their trays at the moment.

--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill wrote:
In message , Bob Minchin
writes
Bill wrote:
[...]

Yes it would be nice but the sort of supply chain system that can sell
well made loppers at a tenner, possibly can't support a spares back up
organisation and stock on the off chance that someone will want one.

I think this is why those sort of products (cheepy from aldi) with
motors in quite often supply a spare set of brushes in the box. Easier
to do that that stock spares.

Bob

PS make a note to insulate your workshop. It is nearly 30 outside and my
shop is a tolerable 20 inside this morning.

anvil question kc[_3_] Metalworking 23 December 30th 08 04:19 PM
Anvil resurface Stupendous Man Metalworking 13 September 26th 08 01:09 AM
anvil restoration John Hall[_2_] Metalworking 13 August 7th 07 12:27 AM
anvil John G UK diy 12 February 9th 05 09:31 PM
Anvil Rebuild B.B. Metalworking 15 January 21st 05 02:32 AM