jay

Default Changing a light bulb

How many d-i y posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

20 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

18 to flame the spell checkers.

31 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to
condemn those 6 as anal-retentive.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp."

27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the
corrected URL's.

12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

40 to ask what is a "FAQ?"

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

43 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about
light bulbs."

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post a month from now and start it
all over again.

LATE ADDITION!!!!
*** .. 1 hostie.. to go in and edit the inappropriate language and ill
feeling ..

)))))))))))))))))))))))

mike ring

"Colin M" wrote in news:3f9045f8$1_2@mk-
nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

By that I suppose you mean both of them

And one to top post and infuriate 10 others!

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"jay" wrote in message

How many d-i y posters does it take to change a light bulb?

I swear, every week someone thinks this is new.

;o)

Si

BigWallop

"mike ring" wrote in message
52.50...
"Colin M" wrote in news:3f9045f8$1_2@mk-
nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

By that I suppose you mean both of them

And one to top post and infuriate 10 others!

1 to come in and just say. ROFL !!! :-))

BigWallop

"Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot" wrote in
message ...

"jay" wrote in message

How many d-i y posters does it take to change a light bulb?

I swear, every week someone thinks this is new.

;o)

Si

and one to come in and say (see above)

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot wrote:
How many d-i y posters does it take to change a light bulb?

I swear, every week someone thinks this is new.

Yes. Of course it depends on how much 'news' you read. ;-)

--
*If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Gnube

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:47:10 +0000 (UTC), mike ring
wrote:

"Colin M" wrote in news:3f9045f8$1_2@mk-
nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com:

By that I suppose you mean both of them

And one to top post and infuriate 10 others!

This isn't a binary group though! ;O)

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}
Witchy

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:38:44 +0100, Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot wrote:
How many d-i y posters does it take to change a light bulb?

I swear, every week someone thinks this is new.

Yes. Of course it depends on how much 'news' you read. ;-)

And presumably once it's been read it becomes 'olds'
--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"jay" wrote in message

How many d-i y posters does it take to change a light bulb?

I swear, every week someone thinks this is new.

and one to come in and say (see above)

Of course, for it is the lore. )

Si

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"Witchy" wrote in message
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:38:44 +0100, Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot wrote:
How many d-i y posters does it take to change a light bulb?

I swear, every week someone thinks this is new.

Yes. Of course it depends on how much 'news' you read. ;-)

And presumably once it's been read it becomes 'olds'

Pratchett?

Si

Witchy

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:06:53 +0100, "Mungo \"two sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:

"Witchy" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:38:44 +0100, Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot wrote:
How many d-i y posters does it take to change a light bulb?

I swear, every week someone thinks this is new.

Yes. Of course it depends on how much 'news' you read. ;-)

And presumably once it's been read it becomes 'olds'

Pratchett?

Wouldn't surprise me if he'd used that line, but in this case it was
just a thought that occurred to me
--
cheers,

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Light Switch Advise Chris Spyrou UK diy 10 October 10th 03 07:02 PM
Pinched......... wanderer UK diy 8 September 12th 03 12:56 PM
light wiring problem I J H UK diy 7 September 8th 03 10:55 PM
anyone know how to diagnose a faulty Choke / Ballast in fluorescent light circuit nick UK diy 14 July 7th 03 03:01 PM