ljmeek

Default Replacement Baxi coal fire ash box and 'grill'

I hope someone can help.

I need to get a replacement ash box and 'grill' for a coal fire.

The details on the 'grill' a

Baxi Patent Fire
Patent No. 708117
16 [written on the underside of each half of the 'grill']
L-STD-2-8
R-STD-2-8

I've tried to do a search on the web, but can't find anything. The
company using the Baxi name doesn't seem to have anything to do with
coal fires.

The house which has the fire is about 100 years old, and the fire
doesn't look like a recent addition, i.e. I think the fire is also 100
years old. The fire doesn't have a back boiler or any other 'extras'
added.

Thanks in advance.
Dave Liquorice

On 17 Oct 2003 09:11:15 -0700, ljmeek wrote:

I need to get a replacement ash box and 'grill' for a coal fire.

Does this ash box slip under the grate or drop down into a hole with
the grate fitted over the top?

I needed parts for our "baxi burnall" grate when we moved in, air
control flap and drop in type ash box. HRPC (Heating Replacement Parts
something http://www.hrpc.co.uk came up trumps.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

TJT TJT is offline
Junior Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmeek
I hope someone can help.

I need to get a replacement ash box and 'grill' for a coal fire.

The details on the 'grill' a

Baxi Patent Fire
Patent No. 708117
16 [written on the underside of each half of the 'grill']
L-STD-2-8
R-STD-2-8

I've tried to do a search on the web, but can't find anything. The
company using the Baxi name doesn't seem to have anything to do with
coal fires.

The house which has the fire is about 100 years old, and the fire
doesn't look like a recent addition, i.e. I think the fire is also 100
years old. The fire doesn't have a back boiler or any other 'extras'
added.

Thanks in advance.

Think you may have a Baxi Burnall fire and unless you put the "Burnall" bit into the search engine you will come up with nothing as I found to my cost on researching it. We have now got a Baxi Burnall fire installed in our lounge. Absolutely fantastic as you get to control the level of air flow to the fire and hence its size. Used to have one in my parents place when I was young hence the reason for having one myself! Got it fitted professionally though at a cost of approx £300.
Look under google-baxi burnall fire and you'll hit several sites offering spares and detailed instructions for operation etc.
www.percydoughty.co.uk/BaxiBurnall.htm has several downloads.

TJT