Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flat Scrap

I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that could be
so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen base units, garage
racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will take it - a
cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the wheelie bin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:14:19 +0100, John wrote:

I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that could be
so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen base units, garage
racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will take it - a
cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the wheelie bin

Too true. I got most of a 3-seater, fully upholstered, settee in a bin -
kept quite a bit of the wooden frame as it was a Parker Knoll made about 40
years ago.
--
Peter.
It's not rocket science, you know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that could be
so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen base units, garage
racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will take it - a
cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the wheelie bin

Sometimes stuff is left by the roadside in case someone else wants it - it's surprising how often
someone does. It's a kind of informal recycling scheme.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
John wrote:
I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that could
be so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen base units,
garage racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will take
it - a cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the wheelie bin

Sometimes stuff is left by the roadside in case someone else wants it -
it's surprising how often someone does. It's a kind of informal recycling
scheme.

Round here it's quicker doing just that than relying on the local council to
organise collection.
*Anything* electrical, working or not goes out the front, within half a day,
often under 2 hours it's "Collected" by the local pikey mob.
NW Kent, slightly rural.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R" wrote in message

"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
John wrote:
I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that
could be so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen base
units, garage racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will take
it - a cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the wheelie
bin

Sometimes stuff is left by the roadside in case someone else wants it -
it's surprising how often someone does. It's a kind of informal
recycling scheme.

Round here it's quicker doing just that than relying on the local council
to organise collection.
*Anything* electrical, working or not goes out the front, within half a
day, often under 2 hours it's "Collected" by the local pikey mob.
NW Kent, slightly rural.

....only to get discarded again at a nearby beauty-spot!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R wrote:
"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
John wrote:
I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that
could be so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen
base units, garage racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will
take it - a cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the
wheelie bin

Sometimes stuff is left by the roadside in case someone else wants
it - it's surprising how often someone does. It's a kind of
informal recycling scheme.

Round here it's quicker doing just that than relying on the local
council to organise collection.
*Anything* electrical, working or not goes out the front, within half
a day, often under 2 hours it's "Collected" by the local pikey mob.
NW Kent, slightly rural.

Yup. Dishwasher lasted about 8 hours overnight & we live in a cul-de-sac!
They must have radar.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John wrote:
"R" wrote in message

"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
John wrote:
I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that
could be so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen
base units, garage racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will
take it - a cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the
wheelie bin

Sometimes stuff is left by the roadside in case someone else wants
it - it's surprising how often someone does. It's a kind of
informal recycling scheme.

Round here it's quicker doing just that than relying on the local
council to organise collection.
*Anything* electrical, working or not goes out the front, within
half a day, often under 2 hours it's "Collected" by the local pikey
mob. NW Kent, slightly rural.

...only to get discarded again at a nearby beauty-spot!

The local scrappy for beer vouchers more likely.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Apr 28, 7:38*am, "John" wrote:
"R" wrote in message

"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
John wrote:
I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that
could be so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen base
units, garage racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will take
it - a cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the wheelie
bin

Sometimes stuff is left by the roadside in case someone else wants it -
it's surprising how often someone does. *It's a kind of informal
recycling scheme.

Round here it's quicker doing just that than relying on the local council
to organise collection.
*Anything* electrical, working or not goes out the front, within half a
day, often under 2 hours it's "Collected" by the local pikey mob.
NW Kent, slightly rural.

...only to get discarded again at a nearby beauty-spot!

They're not being paid to take it away, so why would they bother just
to dump it? What's in it for them?

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
m...
R wrote:
"Gib Bogle" wrote in message
John wrote:
[...]

They can't have radar FFS!...........The dish would be nicked by their
*mates*

;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I am amazed that some people take up space in skips with items that could be
so easily flattened - like flat pack furniture - kitchen base units, garage
racking, etc.

Seen yesterday at the roadside in the hope that the bin men will take it - a
cheap wardrobe. A quick kick and it would fit into the wheelie bin

As others have said someone will be along to take it .Alternative is
to list it on Freecycle or as a "freebie" on Gumtree. I listed two
rads the other day on Gumtree and got rid of them next day with two
others who asked but were too late to get them . There is very little
you cannot find a home for .

Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address
but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded .
Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

scrap carbide Sugar Woodworking 5 November 13th 06 06:16 PM
Just moved into flat, bathroom leaking to flat below CM UK diy 14 October 18th 06 12:49 AM
CH Cylinder-Scrap value? sponix UK diy 12 February 12th 06 12:11 PM
What do with with lbs and lbs of scrap AL ~.Roy.~ Metalworking 15 September 11th 05 01:26 AM
Scrap or repair? TonyK UK diy 43 January 5th 04 02:02 PM