Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Layout of carpet tiles

I have some carpet tiles I want to lay in an L-shaped hallway. The width of
its main passageway is about 850mm and the tiles are 500x500mm.

What would be the best pattern to lay them?

1) A row of full tiles centred on the centreline of the passage with narrow
(175mm) cut tiles each side.

Or

2) Two rows of tiles cut to about 425mm, abutting along the centreline.

I favour (1) as no tile joint in centre of the hallway. I will have more
whole tiles should I need to move them about later. It's probably easier to
lay.
But the downside is it will result in narrow-cut tiles in doorways where as
(2) won't.

I can't make my mind up which is best. Any advice appreciated (except to
say don't use carpet tiles!)

Cheers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 Apr, 08:12, Dean wrote:
I have some carpet tiles I want to lay in an L-shaped hallway. *The width of
its main passageway is about 850mm and the tiles are 500x500mm.

What would be the best pattern to lay them?

1) A row of full tiles centred on the centreline of the passage with narrow
(175mm) cut tiles each side.

Or

2) Two rows of tiles cut to about 425mm, abutting along the centreline.

I favour (1) as no tile joint in centre of the hallway. *I will have more
whole tiles should I need to move them about later. *It's probably easier to
lay.
But the downside is it will result in narrow-cut tiles in doorways where as
(2) won't.

I can't make my mind up which is best. *Any advice appreciated (except to
say don't use carpet tiles!)

Not so much advice, more a backing up of your favoured option, it's
how I did the floor tiles in my bathroom you'll be enraptured to
learn.

B&Q Value carpet tiles The Medway Handyman UK diy 1 April 14th 08 05:50 PM
Joining carpet 2 carpet & carpet 2 tiles JoeJoe UK diy 1 September 1st 06 07:24 AM
Kitchen Carpet tiles mo UK diy 22 July 31st 06 12:07 PM
carpet tiles J.Lef Home Repair 3 July 24th 05 12:30 AM
Carpet tiles over carpet sPoNiX UK diy 5 April 20th 04 09:36 AM