Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung Big Wash washing machine error code Ec

My Samsung washing machine model B1215J completed its wash fine, then
when the "open door" button was pressed there was a loud pop and flash
of light. We opened the door using the mechanical release. Now, the
programme selector, on some programmes, will display code Ec, with a
flashing E. The musical note is flat, and it makes a constant humming
noise. Can anyone diagnose the problem please?
Many thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 07 Mar 2009 06:18:37 -0800, kevinbecken wrote:

My Samsung washing machine model B1215J completed its wash fine, then
when the "open door" button was pressed there was a loud pop and flash
of light. We opened the door using the mechanical release. Now, the
programme selector, on some programmes, will display code Ec, with a
flashing E. The musical note is flat, and it makes a constant humming
noise. Can anyone diagnose the problem please? Many thanks.

From the Samsung support site, under the FAQ 'My washing machine is
displaying an error code', it says this:

==========
EC: Thermister abnormal error

Switch off the power/reconnect and try again
If error code persists a service call is advisable -

contact Samsung Customer Care Team on 0845 726 7864
==========

Posted to uk.d-i-y

PCPaul wrote:

EC: Thermister abnormal error

Switch off the power/reconnect and try again
If error code persists a service call is advisable -

I had a similar error (E0 I think) from a Hotpoint washer dryer, which
was also a thermistor error and E0 meant the machine thought it was
freezing so had shutdown, turned out that years of vibration had broken
the wire leading to the thermistor, a bit of solder and heatshrink
sleeve later it was all OK again.