Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default who is the "water undertaker"

In my copy of the WRAS Water Regulations Guide it menitions the
"water undertaker" a lot but does not seem to identify who this is.
You have to inform the "water undertaker" for example if you install
something from a list of items that includes, for example, a water
softener.

i don't think the "water undertaker" is the local building control
becuase things liek installing a combi boiler does not have to be
informed to the undertaker and I think it does to BC.

Robert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"RobertL" wrote in message

In my copy of the WRAS Water Regulations Guide it menitions the
"water undertaker" a lot but does not seem to identify who this is.
You have to inform the "water undertaker" for example if you install
something from a list of items that includes, for example, a water
softener.

i don't think the "water undertaker" is the local building control
becuase things liek installing a combi boiler does not have to be
informed to the undertaker and I think it does to BC.

It is the entity that undertakes to supply you with water (and remove your
sewage, usually) in return for your water bill payments.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 03:01:02 -0800 (PST) someone who may be RobertL
wrote this:-

In my copy of the WRAS Water Regulations Guide it menitions the
"water undertaker" a lot but does not seem to identify who this is.

Depends on where in the UK the building is.

The first link on a search for water undertaker on a well known
search engine was
http://www.reckon.co.uk/open/UK_water_service_undertakers

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote this:-

In my *copy of the WRAS Water Regulations Guide it menitions the
"water undertaker" a lot but does not seem to identify who this is.

Depends on where in the UK the building is.

The first link on a search for water undertaker on a well known
search engine was
http://www.reckon.co.uk/open/UK_water_service_undertakers

thank you gents.

Robert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RobertL wrote:

In my copy of the WRAS Water Regulations Guide it menitions the
"water undertaker" a lot but does not seem to identify who this is.
You have to inform the "water undertaker" for example if you install
something from a list of items that includes, for example, a water
softener.

i don't think the "water undertaker" is the local building control
becuase things liek installing a combi boiler does not have to be
informed to the undertaker and I think it does to BC.

There are organisations described as "statutory undertakers" for water
supply, sewerage, electricity, gas and telephony.

Prior to the Tory privatisations these would normally be the water
company or water authority, the water authority, the local electricity
board, the gas board and GPO Telephones respectively. The "statutory"
bit refers to the organisations' right to dig holes and do all other
ancillary work necessary to install and/or maintain each of these
services.

The water undertaker will be the local water company, which may or may
not also deal with sewerage - that varies around the country. It is
almost always the company that sends you your water bill. So look at
your most recent bill, and call the number given for enquiries.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Mannix wrote:
"RobertL" wrote in message

In my copy of the WRAS Water Regulations Guide it menitions the
"water undertaker" a lot but does not seem to identify who this is.
You have to inform the "water undertaker" for example if you install
something from a list of items that includes, for example, a water
softener.

i don't think the "water undertaker" is the local building control
becuase things liek installing a combi boiler does not have to be
informed to the undertaker and I think it does to BC.

It is the entity that undertakes to supply you with water (and remove
your sewage, usually) in return for your water bill payments.

Not to be confused with the Utility Infrastructure Facilities Provider - who
dig holes for the above.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk