Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help! Cracling noise (and flickering light) on Cooker Switch

DarkKnight wrote:
Hi,

- I'm no sparkie expert, but could do with some troubleshooting advice
-

I've had a Brittania cooker installed for over 2 years now. It's a
dual-fuel cooker with the Electrics supplying gas ignition and two
cookers (one has a fan in it).

The cooker is wired as follows :

Fuse Box Dedicated RCD - Cooker Switch - Extension Cable - Sealed
Junction Box - Original Cooker Wire - Cooker

All cables with use a 40A cable and is more than ample for the power
draw of the cooker.

Extension Cable ???

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Help! Cracling noise (and flickering light) on Cooker Switch

a little electrical screw somewhere loose?

[g]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The extension cable is the same as the cable from the fusebox i.e.
40A.

It's needed because the original cooker wire is not long enough to
reach the cooker switch.

Another thing that's occured to me : WHy is it the crackling's coming
from the Cooker Switch ?
It could be coming from the RCD or from the junction box (connecting
the original cooker cable and my 'extension' cable).

Could itjust be a faulty switch ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Could it just be a faulty switch ?

Sure it could - but while you're at it, i'd be tempted to replace the
patched up wiring to the cooker...

cooker switch benpost UK diy 11 July 23rd 08 07:32 PM
security light flickering Chris Home Repair 1 December 14th 07 04:06 AM
washing machine red mains light flickering [email protected] UK diy 3 February 19th 07 07:01 PM
Flickering light since blown bulb & fuse Chris Tomlinson UK diy 4 May 13th 06 12:39 AM
Cooker switch light flickering Adam UK diy 7 July 11th 03 08:55 PM