Cooker hood with external fan

Old February 9th 09, 03:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cooker hood with external fan

Hi,

I am building a new kitchen/ family room and would like to have a wall
mounted extractor fan above the hob as well as extractor vents in the
ceiling to limit cooking smells and steam into the family room. The
hob is on the back wall with the utility room behind it with an
external wall.

For the standard ceiling vents, I was planning on putting a "super"
fan in the utility room ceiling to minimise the noise in the kitchen/
family room and vent it out of the external wall in the utility room.

For the extractor hood above the hob, I would like to have a stainless
steel chimney type (more for aesthetics) but because of the noise
factor, would be keen to run it from either the same "super" fan or
another one in the utility room. I see that Elica and Meile seem to do
one that can do this but limits the possibilities and they seem
expensive.

Couldn't I just buy any extraction based fan (as opposed to filtered
type), take the fan out, and extend the wires to the remote fan. I
guess if it had the filter in too, it would probably filter the air on
the way out which would be good.

I'm sure there is a reason why I couldn't do this but can't think of
one off the top of my head.

thanks

Lee.
Old February 10th 09, 09:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
[...]

Grease build up will stop the fan eventually

Old February 11th 09, 09:24 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10 Feb, 21:04, "R" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Grease build up will stop the fan eventually- Hide quoted text -

Wouldn't this be the case for a regular one anyway?

Island cooker hood with external fan [email protected] UK diy 3 February 22nd 07 10:53 PM
Cooker hood! [email protected] UK diy 12 September 8th 06 05:46 PM
AEG Cooker hood dazzle UK diy 2 February 2nd 06 11:28 AM
cooker hood Valerie UK diy 4 October 6th 05 06:41 PM
cooker hood davef UK diy 1 November 28th 04 10:48 PM