Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how do Moving Waterfall Pictures work

Does anyone know ho these cheesey moving waterfall pictures work?

e.g http://www.moving-waterfall-pictures.com/

I know that they contain a motor and I remember seeing something similar on
lampshades when I was a kid, but never managed to get close up to take one
apart ( I think that Boots would have objected)

Thanks!

Bramblestick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bramble-Stick" wrote:
Does anyone know ho these cheesey moving waterfall pictures work?
e.g http://www.moving-waterfall-pictures.com/

Does anyone know who would possess the complete lack of taste needed to
buy such things?

I have only seen them in ethnic takeaways and restaurants, and mostly
back in the 1970s.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message
"Bramble-Stick" wrote:
Does anyone know ho these cheesey moving waterfall pictures work?
e.g http://www.moving-waterfall-pictures.com/

Does anyone know who would possess the complete lack of taste needed to
buy such things?

I have only seen them in ethnic takeaways and restaurants, and mostly
back in the 1970s.

Absolutely agree - I wouldn't part with money for one. Just interested in
how they work, so that I can see if I can build one. At least it will be a
DIY taste fail - I'm of the Readers Digest Manual and Alternative London
school of DIY so taste is compromised anyway :-)

Bramblestick

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Jan, 21:43, "Bramble-Stick" wrote:
"Bruce" wrote in message

"Bramble-Stick" wrote:
Does anyone know ho these cheesey moving waterfall pictures work?
e.ghttp://www.moving-waterfall-pictures.com/

Does anyone know who would possess the complete lack of taste needed to
buy such things?

I have only seen them in ethnic takeaways and restaurants, and mostly
back in the 1970s.

Absolutely agree - I wouldn't part with money for one. Just interested in
how they work, so that I can see if I can build one. At least it will be a
DIY taste fail - I'm of the Readers Digest Manual and Alternative London
school of DIY so taste is compromised anyway :-)

Bramblestick

Look up Moire pattern like

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSVUYWoabY

HTH
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

"Bruce" wrote in message

"Bramble-Stick" wrote:
Does anyone know ho these cheesey moving waterfall pictures work?
e.ghttp://www.moving-waterfall-pictures.com/
Does anyone know who would possess the complete lack of taste needed to
buy such things?
I have only seen them in ethnic takeaways and restaurants, and mostly
back in the 1970s.

Absolutely agree - I wouldn't part with money for one. Just interested in
how they work, so that I can see if I can build one. At least it will be a
DIY taste fail - I'm of the Readers Digest Manual and Alternative London
school of DIY so taste is compromised anyway :-)

Bramblestick

Look up Moire pattern like

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSVUYWoabY

HTH
Adam

Which are (were?) also used for measuring cows. Seriously.

Can't remember the details but something like projecting two sets of
fine lines onto a cow - the resulting moire fringes highlighted the
shape of a cow.

--
Rod

onset.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bruce" wrote in message

"Bramble-Stick" wrote:
Does anyone know ho these cheesey moving waterfall pictures work?
e.ghttp://www.moving-waterfall-pictures.com/

Does anyone know who would possess the complete lack of taste needed to
buy such things?

I have only seen them in ethnic takeaways and restaurants, and mostly
back in the 1970s.

Absolutely agree - I wouldn't part with money for one. Just interested in
how they work, so that I can see if I can build one. At least it will be
DIY taste fail - I'm of the Readers Digest Manual and Alternative London
school of DIY so taste is compromised anyway :-)

Bramblestick

Look up Moire pattern like

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSVUYWoabY

HTH
Adam

Excellent! Thanks for that - I'll have some fun playing around (already
demonstrated it to myself using a folded piece of silk...), and hopefully
the results won't be totally tasteless.

Bramblestick