Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Pipe Casing

Been looking at PVCu 'skirting' to hide pipes & found this site;
http://encasementstore.co.uk/index.php?cPath=49

Looks like good stuff, but expensive. The smallest size 110mm is around £1
a metre, internal corner over £5, external corner over £7. Plus its only
available in 1250mm lengths, which would involve joiners at nearly £2 each.

Anyone know of a cheaper source?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote in message
m...
Been looking at PVCu 'skirting' to hide pipes & found this
site; http://encasementstore.co.uk/index.php?cPath=49

Looks like good stuff, but expensive. The smallest size 110mm
is around £1 a metre, internal corner over £5, external corner
over £7. Plus its only available in 1250mm lengths, which
would involve joiners at nearly £2 each.

Have a look at http://snipurl.com/axslg (www.Pendock.co.uk)
there's a few different sizes / styles / finishes.

Regards,

KK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 29, 4:29*pm, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
Been looking at PVCu 'skirting' to hide pipes & found this site;http://encasementstore.co.uk/index.php?cPath=49

Why not use regular skirting fixed to two battens. One batten fastened
to the wall flush with the top of the skirting and the other at some
distance below to create a void for the piping. You could even put a
chamfer or moulded edge on the top batten.

--
Nige Danton
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Been looking at PVCu 'skirting' to hide pipes & found this site;http://encasementstore.co.uk/index.php?cPath=49

Why not use regular skirting fixed to two battens. One batten fastened
to the wall flush with the top of the skirting and the other at some
distance below to create a void for the piping. You could even put a
chamfer or moulded edge on the top batten.

Hmmm, seems to me that the convenience of the ducted sytem is worth the
extra, particularly when you bundle in the time.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 31, 4:40*pm, Appelation Controlee wrote:

Hmmm, seems to me that the convenience of the ducted sytem is worth the
extra, particularly when you bundle in the time.

It might be a little quicker to fix, but timber would look far nicer
in my opinion. I've never used the proprietary systems but I wonder
how much faster they would be to fix compared to long lengths of
timber skirting and battens.

--
Nige Danton

Window Casing Jerry V Home Repair 2 December 11th 08 06:13 PM
New door casing help Laurie Home Repair 3 September 7th 07 02:06 AM
Hissing Well Casing ENGLISH Home Repair 5 August 31st 06 02:50 AM
door casing [email protected] Home Repair 7 May 22nd 05 11:04 PM
Casing gives current larrymoencurly Woodworking 3 October 2nd 04 11:45 PM