Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Covering concrete

ok it stopped raining long enough on Thursday for me to pour the concrete
for the footings of a greenhouse. ok no rain but of course now frost. It is
covered with timber and a tarpaulin but when is it safe to take the cover
off?

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 30, 8:40*pm, "Zen83237" wrote:
ok it stopped raining long enough on Thursday for me to pour the concrete
for the footings of a greenhouse. ok no rain but of course now frost. It is
covered with timber and a tarpaulin but when is it safe to take the cover
off?

Kevin

After 24hrs or as long as you like after 24hrs. The longer the better.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Kipper at sea" wrote in message
On Jan 30, 8:40 pm, "Zen83237" wrote:
ok it stopped raining long enough on Thursday for me to pour the concrete
for the footings of a greenhouse. ok no rain but of course now frost. It
is
covered with timber and a tarpaulin but when is it safe to take the cover
off?

Kevin

After 24hrs or as long as you like after 24hrs. The longer the better.

OK I can leave it a few days and no cat's paw prints either.

Kevin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Zen83237 wrote:
"Kipper at sea" wrote in message
On Jan 30, 8:40 pm, "Zen83237" wrote:
ok it stopped raining long enough on Thursday for me to pour the concrete
for the footings of a greenhouse. ok no rain but of course now frost. It
is
covered with timber and a tarpaulin but when is it safe to take the cover
off?

After 24hrs or as long as you like after 24hrs. The longer the better.

OK I can leave it a few days and no cat's paw prints either.

No cat? You did check where it was before you poured?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian C" wrote in message
Zen83237 wrote:
"Kipper at sea" wrote in message On Jan 30,
8:40 pm, "Zen83237" wrote:
ok it stopped raining long enough on Thursday for me to pour the
concrete
for the footings of a greenhouse. ok no rain but of course now frost. It
is
covered with timber and a tarpaulin but when is it safe to take the
cover
off?

After 24hrs or as long as you like after 24hrs. The longer the better.

OK I can leave it a few days and no cat's paw prints either.

No cat? You did check where it was before you poured?

--
Adrian C

About 15 years ago I had a Koi pond built, about 6 feet deep. The day after
the base was poured there were some very, very deep paw prints. but no
missing cat, well not mine anyway.

Kevin

Floor covering over *cracked* concrete slab Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 3 June 13th 08 10:34 PM
Housing Code - Floor Covering on Concrete Slab johnnymo Home Repair 2 September 4th 07 09:57 PM
Floor covering advice: old concrete adjacent to new nafuk UK diy 3 July 11th 07 11:39 AM
Covering Concrete Bazza UK diy 5 June 29th 07 03:46 AM
Garage wall covering (over concrete) [email protected] Home Repair 6 April 12th 06 01:59 AM