pz0, pz1, pz2, pz3 sizes

Old December 21st 08, 07:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default pz0, pz1, pz2, pz3 sizes

Hello,

I have tried to search, unsuccessfully, for a table showing what size
pozi-bit you use with which screw.

I've always found that 6G and 8G screws use a PZ2 and 10G and 12G use
a PZ3. Is that right so far?

But I was given one of those kits with every bit you need and quite a
few you don't, and it has a PZ0 and a PZ1 bit. What screws are these
for? I presume one is for 4G screws but the other?

Thanks,
Stephen.
Old December 21st 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:

Hello,

I have tried to search, unsuccessfully, for a table showing what size
pozi-bit you use with which screw.

I've always found that 6G and 8G screws use a PZ2 and 10G and 12G use
a PZ3. Is that right so far?

But I was given one of those kits with every bit you need and quite a
few you don't, and it has a PZ0 and a PZ1 bit. What screws are these
for? I presume one is for 4G screws but the other?

Thanks,
Stephen.

I don't think that there's necessarily a fixed relationship between screw
size and pozi slot size - although some size combinations are common/usual.

The only real rule is that you need to use a PZn bit on a screw which has a
PZn-sized slot in it. It's not always obvious just by looking - I sometimes
have to try more than one bit in a screw to find which one fits best.

I don't think I've seen any size 0 bits. Probably used on the sort of screws
used in optical equipment - cameras, bioculars, etc.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Old December 21st 08, 09:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:

I don't think I've seen any size 0 bits.

I've got a 4mm hex driver set that has PZ0 and PH0, PH00 and PH000,
along with Allen keys down to 0.7mm and Torx T4

Probably used on the sort of screws
used in optical equipment - cameras, bioculars, etc.

Laptops, phones, games consoles etc.
Old December 21st 08, 09:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

I have tried to search, unsuccessfully, for a table showing what size
pozi-bit you use with which screw.

I've always found that 6G and 8G screws use a PZ2 and 10G and 12G use
a PZ3. Is that right so far?

I've found PZ1 for 3mm, PZ2 for 3.5, 4, 4.5, PZ3 for 5, 6 so generally in
line with your experience.

But I was given one of those kits with every bit you need and quite a
few you don't, and it has a PZ0 and a PZ1 bit. What screws are these
for? I presume one is for 4G screws but the other?

Don't think I've found a use for PZ0 but some very small hinge screws use
P0.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Old December 22nd 08, 07:07 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:23:37 +0000
Stephen wrote:

Hello,

I have tried to search, unsuccessfully, for a table showing what size
pozi-bit you use with which screw.

I've always found that 6G and 8G screws use a PZ2 and 10G and 12G use
a PZ3. Is that right so far?

But I was given one of those kits with every bit you need and quite a
few you don't, and it has a PZ0 and a PZ1 bit. What screws are these
for? I presume one is for 4G screws but the other?

Thanks,
Stephen.

One thing to note is that cheap screws in the smaller sizes often have
very badly formed pz slots. In this case none of the bits fit well,
and you begin to suspect that they are Phillips or some other kind, but
it's just the cheap die used in manufacturing. Result: buggers bits,
and buggered screws.

R.

Old December 22nd 08, 11:08 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 19:23:37 +0000, Stephen wrote:

Hello,

I have tried to search, unsuccessfully, for a table showing what size
pozi-bit you use with which screw.

I've always found that 6G and 8G screws use a PZ2 and 10G and 12G use
a PZ3. Is that right so far?

But I was given one of those kits with every bit you need and quite a
few you don't, and it has a PZ0 and a PZ1 bit. What screws are these
for? I presume one is for 4G screws but the other?

Thanks,
Stephen.

Small self-tappers and M2.5/M2 machine screws typically use PZ0
You can also get PZ00 and PZ000 drivers for the sort of screws used on small electronics.

cable sizes Osprey UK diy 2 January 22nd 07 03:11 AM
cable sizes Bob Eager UK diy 0 January 21st 07 11:37 PM
cable sizes The Natural Philosopher UK diy 0 January 21st 07 11:21 PM
Cable sizes Jim Gregory UK diy 2 December 18th 05 12:44 AM
Drill bit sizes Broadback UK diy 6 January 18th 05 08:22 PM