Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hotpoint Washer Dryer WD640

Hi all.
The door on this machine became locked after probably
overloading on the drying for 2.5 hours.
The wife wanted to finish the drying before the time elapsed and started
pressing
buttons like a nutcase.
I switched off at the wall and also removed the plug but got no change.
I took the front panel off and managed to shove the 'snib' to unlock it but
when I closed the door
it is locked again.

I removed the power supply lead to the door lock at one stage so I might
have replaced it wrong way round?

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arthur2" wrote in message
Hi all.
The door on this machine became locked after probably
overloading on the drying for 2.5 hours.
The wife wanted to finish the drying before the time elapsed and started
pressing
buttons like a nutcase.
I switched off at the wall and also removed the plug but got no change.
I took the front panel off and managed to shove the 'snib' to unlock it
but when I closed the door
it is locked again.

I removed the power supply lead to the door lock at one stage so I might
have replaced it wrong way round?

Any other ideas?

Tell her to hold the start button in to reset the program, it takes about
four seconds.
After you have fitted a new lock that is.