Leaking Combi Boiler

Old November 24th 08, 11:30 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Leaking Combi Boiler

I wonder if anybody can help me. I am having problems with my heatline
S30 Combination boiler. The connection from the three port valve to
the primary heat exchanger is leaking at the connection to the heat
exchanger. The connection is a push fit and just seems to use O rings
to make the seal. Can I just replace the O rings and should I use any
jointing agents. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old November 24th 08, 06:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 03:30:22 -0800, comp.zrch.embedded wrote:

I wonder if anybody can help me. I am having problems with my heatline
S30 Combination boiler. The connection from the three port valve to the
primary heat exchanger is leaking at the connection to the heat
exchanger. The connection is a push fit and just seems to use O rings to
make the seal. Can I just replace the O rings and should I use any
jointing agents. Any advice would be appreciated.

This is presumably with a clip to prevent the joint coming apart.
Yes if you can find the right O-ring you should be OK. Obviously you'll
need to drain the boiler down.
If you want to use something to help then a little silicone grease (not
sealant) should help.
Note that the corrent O-ring replacment may look quite a bit bigger than
the worn one.

Old November 24th 08, 09:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 03:30:22 -0800, comp.zrch.embedded wrote:

I wonder if anybody can help me. I am having problems with my heatline
S30 Combination boiler. The connection from the three port valve to
the primary heat exchanger is leaking at the connection to the heat
exchanger. The connection is a push fit and just seems to use O rings
to make the seal. Can I just replace the O rings and should I use any
jointing agents. Any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds like a very old model if it has a 3-port valve (a la central
heating Y-plan system) in it. I confess I've not heard of it (unless it's
the Worcester with the chocolate-brown panel at the bottom and the
compartment at the top with the pressure gauge on it). I'd guess it
has a standing pilot light and is pretty inefficient, in which case you
probably ought to be thinking of replacing it before much longer.

Anyway, wrt the O-rings: yes, clean up mating surfaces, find
correct-size O-ring (hah!), apply silicone grease, reassemble, hope/pray ...

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

Ohnosecond
Instant in time when you realise that you've just made a BIG mistake.
Old November 25th 08, 09:48 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24 Nov, 21:35, YAPH wrote:
[...]

Thanks
Its a relatively new boiler, 2004 fitted. see www.heatline.co.uk