Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default source for Bosch dishwasher spares

Hi, all.

Our Bosch dishwasher has suffered a minor failure, and I need a replacement
part ( a spring ).

It's the spring-loaded cover on on the detergent compatrment, on the inside
of the main door.

Its stopped opening, and investigation reveals a snapped spring.

Where's the best place to find such stuff?

--
Ron

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember "Ron Lowe"
ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS saying something like:

Hi, all.

Our Bosch dishwasher has suffered a minor failure, and I need a replacement
part ( a spring ).

It's the spring-loaded cover on on the detergent compatrment, on the inside
of the main door.

Its stopped opening, and investigation reveals a snapped spring.

Where's the best place to find such stuff?

http://www.espares.co.uk/

http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/

http://www.apart4u.co.uk/index.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ron Lowe" ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS wrote in message
Hi, all.

Our Bosch dishwasher has suffered a minor failure, and I need a

replacement
part ( a spring ).

It's the spring-loaded cover on on the detergent compatrment, on the

inside
of the main door.

Its stopped opening, and investigation reveals a snapped spring.

Where's the best place to find such stuff?

Ron

If it's just come off it's holder, then look inside, in between the door
skins.

Personally, I've never heard of a spring breaking unless it has been forced
passed it's bending point. Are you sure it is not the plastic holder on the
detergent compartment that has broken off?

Best thing is contact Bosch directly
https://www.bosch-eshop.com/eshop(bD.../gb/indexs.htm and
register in their shop. Pick the part you need and your done. As far as I
see, their prices are pretty good. On a par with the repair shop prices
I've seen elsewhere.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"BigWallop" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Or here http://www.4bosch.co.uk/cgi-bin/cata...section=128593 Where
the prices look about the same as on the Bosch main site.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I always use this site for Bosch - not necessarily the cheapest, but
normally quick and efficient.
John

http://www.bshappliancecare.com/Bosch/boschspares.html

"Ron Lowe" ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS wrote in message
Hi, all.

Our Bosch dishwasher has suffered a minor failure, and I need a
replacement part ( a spring ).

It's the spring-loaded cover on on the detergent compatrment, on the
inside of the main door.

Its stopped opening, and investigation reveals a snapped spring.

Where's the best place to find such stuff?

--
Ron

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:28:38 UTC, "Ron Lowe"
ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS wrote:

Our Bosch dishwasher has suffered a minor failure, and I need a replacement
part ( a spring ).

I've a horrible feeling it's a 'whole unit' at about 50 quid. Try a box
of springs from somewhere if that's the case.

BSHApplianceCare is good, as stated, and you can check the parts on
exploded diagrams.
http://www.diybanter.com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ron Lowe wrote:

Where's the best place to find such stuff?

CPC have a white/brown goods spares finder service, but you can only get
it by phone rather than on the web. If you can identify the part, then
give them a ring and see what they can do.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:
On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:28:38 UTC, "Ron Lowe"
ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS wrote:

Our Bosch dishwasher has suffered a minor failure, and I need a replacement
part ( a spring ).

I've a horrible feeling it's a 'whole unit' at about 50 quid. Try a box
of springs from somewhere if that's the case.

Yes the lid on my Bosch's dispenser failed months ago and I was aghast
at the replacement cost. However, we just kept on using the machine as
normal, but lobbing a soap tablet into the cutlery rack instead of the
dispenser. Have to say that I've noticed now problems at all with the
wash quality as a result, so am now in absolutely no hurry to repair it!

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 25, 10:28 am, "Ron Lowe" ronATlowe-famlyDOTmeDOTukSPURIOUS
wrote:
Hi, all.

Our Bosch dishwasher has suffered a minor failure, and I need a replacement
part ( a spring ).

It's the spring-loaded cover on on the detergent compatrment, on the inside
of the main door.

Its stopped opening, and investigation reveals a snapped spring.

The detergent compartrment in my old dishwasher would occasionally not
open, thus doing a whole wash not very well.
I observed that at the start of the cycle there was a short pump out
of any remaining water when there is none, and the compartrment opened
immediately. So I just leave it open all the time now. Problem solved
without having to buy a spring that costs as much as a dishwasher.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Our Bosch dishwasher has suffered a minor failure, and I need a
replacement part ( a spring ).
[...]
Where's the best place to find such stuff?

Thanks to all who replied.

The e-shop at BSH Appliance Care was exactly what I needed.
I was able to find the exploded parts diagram, and parts list.

http://www.bshappliancecare.com/Bosch/boschspares.html

The spring was part of a 2-piece set, along with a bit of bent plastic.
Total cost £2.50. ( VAT + postage pushed it up to £7! )

Still, it's ordered.

Now, I just need to figure out how to fit the spring and re-mount the
sliding door at the same time. It may take some considerable dexterity (
and perhaps little fingers ) :-)

--
Ron