Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Integrated bathroom pod

I've seen integrated drop in bathrooms for new builds, but has anyone
installed one into an existing property? Where did you get it, was
access a problem and was it a success?

I have a Georgian listed building that could benefit from a couple of
en-suites. Last time I installed a bathroom in a listed building I was
told by the planning department that I didn't need listed building
consent for installing a toilet and bath into a room, but I did need
LBC to erect stud walls to enclose the new bathroom. It strikes me
that a pod might be considered as plumbing and not alteration.

Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

peteshew wrote:

I have a Georgian listed building that could benefit from a couple of
en-suites. Last time I installed a bathroom in a listed building I was
told by the planning department that I didn't need listed building
consent for installing a toilet and bath into a room, but I did need
LBC to erect stud walls to enclose the new bathroom. It strikes me
that a pod might be considered as plumbing and not alteration.

I do like your sense of humour. ;-)

Have you considered how easy it would be to remove one in response to
an enforcement notice?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11 Nov, 12:56, Bruce wrote:
peteshew wrote:

I have a Georgian listed building that could benefit from a couple of
en-suites. Last time I installed a bathroom in a listed building I was
told by the planning department that I didn't need listed building
consent for installing a toilet and bath into a room, but I did need
LBC to erect stud walls to enclose the new bathroom. It strikes me
that a pod might be considered as plumbing and not alteration.

I do like your sense of humour. *;-)

Have you considered how easy it would be to remove one in response to
an enforcement notice?

Probably easier than tiled stud walls.

Our lot are a nuisance. Full planning required with LBC in a
conservation area. Design and access statement, &c, for a like for
like replacement window :-( But at least they don't charge for the
planning application.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

peteshew wrote:

On 11 Nov, 12:56, Bruce wrote:
peteshew wrote:

I have a Georgian listed building that could benefit from a couple of
en-suites. Last time I installed a bathroom in a listed building I was
told by the planning department that I didn't need listed building
consent for installing a toilet and bath into a room, but I did need
LBC to erect stud walls to enclose the new bathroom. It strikes me
that a pod might be considered as plumbing and not alteration.

I do like your sense of humour. *;-)

Have you considered how easy it would be to remove one in response to
an enforcement notice?

Probably easier than tiled stud walls.

Our lot are a nuisance. Full planning required with LBC in a
conservation area. Design and access statement, &c, for a like for
like replacement window :-( But at least they don't charge for the
planning application.

In my limited experience of working on listed buildings, listing of
the interior was fairly unusual. Even then, only certain parts or
aspects of the interior would be listed.

Most listings seem to cover only the building's exterior, so I
wondered why listed building consent would be needed for interior work
that did affected neither the structure nor the external appearance of
the building.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In my limited experience of working on listed buildings, listing of
the interior was fairly unusual. *Even then, only certain parts or
aspects of the interior would be listed. *

Most listings seem to cover only the building's exterior, so *I
wondered why listed building consent would be needed for interior work
that did affected neither the structure nor the external appearance of
the building.

Bruce, listing applies to the whole property, it can't apply to just
one part or just the outside, although the local council may be more
interested in one aspect than another.
http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/s...show/nav.19378 has some
information.
Pete

Integrated Fridge mark UK diy 1 January 22nd 08 12:17 AM
Integrated Dishwasher Mark UK diy 3 January 2nd 08 01:15 AM
Integrated Fridge Ed_Zep UK diy 2 January 6th 07 01:31 PM
Integrated fridges AmyGG UK diy 1 November 3rd 06 08:40 AM
Integrated Circuit CJ Electronics 2 January 31st 05 05:36 PM