Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repairing minor dings in aluminium

Is there any way to successfully repair minor dings (about 2mm) in an
aluminium feather edge? Someone propped it against a wall when my
back was turned and gravity did the rest.

I was thinking of trying some car body filler. Would that work? Is
there a better way?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 02:40:15 -0700 (PDT), mike
wrote:

Is there any way to successfully repair minor dings (about 2mm) in an
aluminium feather edge? Someone propped it against a wall when my
back was turned and gravity did the rest.

I was thinking of trying some car body filler. Would that work? Is
there a better way?

If by dings you mean scratches and gouges, you will have to fill them.
It can be hard to remove dents in aluminium due to the propensity of
the metal to stretch - and a repair often leaves a rippled finish.

Epoxy resin should be fine.

Regards,

--
Steve ( out in the sticks )
Email: Take time to reply: timefrom_usenet{at}gmx.net
Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote:
Is there any way to successfully repair minor dings (about 2mm) in an
aluminium feather edge? Someone propped it against a wall when my
back was turned and gravity did the rest.

I was thinking of trying some car body filler. Would that work? Is
there a better way?

What is it that has a feathered edge?

Dave
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 17, 6:10*pm, Dave wrote:

What is it that has a feathered edge?

It's a feather edge that has a feathered edge:

http://tinyurl.com/6fsdnx

or

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;js...hbutton=submit
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Oct 17, 2:34*pm, Stephen Howard wrote:

If by dings you mean scratches and gouges, you will have to fill them.
It can be hard to remove dents in aluminium due to the propensity of
the metal to stretch - and a repair often leaves a rippled finish.

Epoxy resin should be fine.

Yeah, I meant small gouges. Thanks for the info resin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote:
On Oct 17, 6:10 pm, Dave wrote:

What is it that has a feathered edge?

It's a feather edge that has a feathered edge:

http://tinyurl.com/6fsdnx

or

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;js...hbutton=submit

Thanks, but what I had in mind would not work with that.

Dave

Can someone help me do a minor fix to my stereo? Greg Bailey Electronics Repair 7 March 7th 08 05:32 AM
Minor gloat Phil Laird Woodworking 6 September 13th 05 11:40 PM
repairing minor damage to car door dave @ stejonda UK diy 20 March 27th 05 04:54 PM
very minor gloat. Badger Woodworking 0 March 9th 05 11:04 PM
repairing minor wood rot in window frame? Hamilton Audio Home Repair 18 January 30th 05 02:50 PM