British Gas UP2 heating controller - manual?

Old September 13th 08, 11:25 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British Gas UP2 heating controller - manual?

I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what it
actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual online?
Phil

Old September 13th 08, 04:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil B" phil.remove.brady@hotmail dot co dot united kingdom wrote in
message ...
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my
heating on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what
it actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual
online?
Phil

Probably a Drayton lifestyle programmer, but don't ask me which model.

Old September 13th 08, 11:06 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Phil B
writes
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what it
actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual online?
Phil

Well if its the same as the LP722 which replaces it, the left and right
buttons step CH and DHW resp in an off/once/twice/continuous cycle and
indicated on the liquid crystal display

All other controls are hidden behind the pull down flap below the
display

Its all fairly self explanatory

722 manual here

http://www.invensyscontrolseurope.co...-1A04-48E8-8B2
8-54E2A7F60534/0/LPrangenewInstructions.pdf
--
geoff
Old September 14th 08, 05:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Phil B" phil.remove.brady@hotmail dot co dot united kingdom wrote in
message ...
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my
heating on?".
British Gas have recently fitted a UP2 controller - does anyone know what
it actually is under the BG badge and/or where I might find a manual
online?
Phil

Thanks both, will check that with the owner!
Phil

Old September 14th 08, 05:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Phil B wrote:
I have just had a call for help from 300 miles away "how do I put my heating
on?".

You have my sympathy. I had to move 200 miles to be closer to my mother
after calls like these. Now I only have to drive 30 miles to flick a
switch or press a button.

Have British Gas (BG) recommended a good heating system for me. HelpDiy UK diy 33 February 8th 07 09:12 PM
Old Heating Controller Replacement Thomarse UK diy 3 November 7th 06 09:52 AM
FF/FS: Hot water cylinder+immersion, heating pump, 7-day heating controller Jonathan Larmour UK diy 18 August 22nd 05 04:05 PM
Central heating, British gas, Maintenance contract Grumps UK diy 35 August 3rd 05 12:46 AM
Central Heating Controller Carl UK diy 12 December 3rd 04 12:09 PM