Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower extractor with light - no soffit

How can I fit a shower extractor with light if I have no soffit for
the vent pipe?

Cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tvmo wrote:

How can I fit a shower extractor with light if I have no soffit for
the vent pipe?

Cheers

If the distance is not too great you might use the gable end?

--
"S'ils te mordent, mords-les"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi,

I also am fixing up my bathroom and fitting a Shower extractor fan.
Not sure if this helps but i got a great deal from http://www.truerooms.com/
they offer free UK delivery.

Hope this helps,

John.

On 22 Aug, 13:26, tvmo wrote:
How can I fit a shower extractor with light if I have no soffit for
the vent pipe?

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22 Aug, 13:26, tvmo wrote:
How can I fit a shower extractor with light if I have no soffit for
the vent pipe?

Cheers

My house has no soffits - just overhanging rafters. From inside the loft I
was able to identify a half-brick which was part of the infill between the
rafters - I removed this and put the vent pipe through - then fixed the
grille and anti back draft flap.