need moulding (triangular wood strips)

Old July 21st 08, 06:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default need moulding (triangular wood strips)

I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY shed
only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2 inches, any
suggestions where to look for it?
--
Mike:::::::::
remove clothing to email
Old July 21st 08, 06:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike..... wrote:
I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY shed
only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2 inches, any
suggestions where to look for it?

Buy some 40mm PSE and rip it down the length with a circular saw with
the blade set at an angle. Quick lick with a belt sander once done to
remove any blade marks?

--
Cheers,

John.

Old July 21st 08, 06:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike....." wrote in message
I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY shed
only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2 inches, any
suggestions where to look for it?
--
Mike:::::::::
remove clothing to email

Local woodyard will rip you lenghts of it for a nominal fee?

Old July 21st 08, 07:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21 Jul, 17:26, "Mike....."
wrote:
I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY shed
only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2 inches, any
suggestions where to look for it?

Make it, or have it made.

_Don't_ rip it down by chopping something in half. There's a real risk
of getting harpooned!

Instead take a wide strip that's wide enough to work with safely, and
rip triangular strips of the edge of it. Run the wide stock against
the fence, using a push-stick. Yes, you'll need to re-adjust the blade
tilt twice for each strip.
Old July 21st 08, 09:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 21 Jul, 17:26, "Mike....."
wrote:
I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY
shed only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2
inches, any suggestions where to look for it?

Make it, or have it made.

_Don't_ rip it down by chopping something in half. There's a real risk
of getting harpooned!

Instead take a wide strip that's wide enough to work with safely, and
rip triangular strips of the edge of it. Run the wide stock against
the fence, using a push-stick. Yes, you'll need to re-adjust the blade
tilt twice for each strip.

Assuming the OP has a table saw :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Triangular calculations Richard UK diy 18 July 26th 08 04:52 PM
glue vs pin nail strips of wood to veneer plywood? blueman Woodworking 8 May 14th 08 04:52 PM
Need source for wood strips Windwatcher Woodworking 12 March 15th 08 07:30 AM
Wood Floor Moulding Thomas Home Repair 4 October 1st 07 03:40 AM
Where to find cherry wood moulding? Eric Miller Woodworking 7 June 25th 05 05:38 PM