DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   need moulding (triangular wood strips) (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/256041-need-moulding-triangular-wood-strips.html)

Mike.....[_2_] July 21st 08 05:26 PM

need moulding (triangular wood strips)

I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY shed
only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2 inches, any
suggestions where to look for it?
--
Mike:::::::::
remove clothing to email

John Rumm July 21st 08 05:43 PM

Mike..... wrote:
I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY shed
only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2 inches, any
suggestions where to look for it?

Buy some 40mm PSE and rip it down the length with a circular saw with
the blade set at an angle. Quick lick with a belt sander once done to
remove any blade marks?

--
Cheers,

John.

George July 21st 08 05:47 PM

"Mike....." wrote in message
I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY shed
only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2 inches, any
suggestions where to look for it?
--
Mike:::::::::
remove clothing to email

Local woodyard will rip you lenghts of it for a nominal fee?

Andy Dingley July 21st 08 06:11 PM

need moulding (triangular wood strips)

On 21 Jul, 17:26, "Mike....."
wrote:
I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY shed
only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2 inches, any
suggestions where to look for it?

Make it, or have it made.

_Don't_ rip it down by chopping something in half. There's a real risk
of getting harpooned!

Instead take a wide strip that's wide enough to work with safely, and
rip triangular strips of the edge of it. Run the wide stock against
the fence, using a push-stick. Yes, you'll need to re-adjust the blade
tilt twice for each strip.

The Medway Handyman July 21st 08 08:01 PM

need moulding (triangular wood strips)

Andy Dingley wrote:
On 21 Jul, 17:26, "Mike....."
wrote:
I need strips of triangular wood to finish behind worktops, the DIY
shed only had small stuff, i need something like an inch x 1 1/2
inches, any suggestions where to look for it?

Make it, or have it made.

_Don't_ rip it down by chopping something in half. There's a real risk
of getting harpooned!

Instead take a wide strip that's wide enough to work with safely, and
rip triangular strips of the edge of it. Run the wide stock against
the fence, using a push-stick. Yes, you'll need to re-adjust the blade
tilt twice for each strip.

Assuming the OP has a table saw :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman