Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Temporary flexible waste pipe

Hi all,

I'm renovating the kitchen, but working around the family at the same
time (i.e. keeping the kitchen working whilst doing the work). The
kitchen is large enough to be able to move the old bits around - so I've
plastered, plumbed (some) and done the electrics all round whilst keeping
the cooker, hob, fridge and some worktop all live by moving them around
in their (now) moveable housings!

I now need to shift the sink unit so I can level up the floor where it
sits. The new sink is destined for the same location, so I want to keep
the old one working whilst the floor is setting. I already have some
floplast flexible pipe ready for replumbing the taps temporarily, but
have drawn a blank looking for some flexible waste pipe (40mm). I'm
think that something like washing machine waste pipe, but wider, would
probably be available - has anyone seen such a thing?

Failing that, I'll just have to go with plan B, which is to reconnect
with longer waste - it's just it's easier to work round if the unit can
be shifted a bit as needed.

Thanks in advance!

--
Adrian Ball
http://www.hp5.co.uk/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Jul, 21:01, Adrian Ball wrote:

*I already have some
floplast flexible pipe ready for replumbing the taps temporarily, but
have drawn a blank looking for some flexible waste pipe (40mm). *I'm
think that something like washing machine waste pipe, but wider, would
probably be available - has anyone seen such a thing?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/27334/...0WASTE-_-27334
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian Ball writes:

[...]

I did that too. Used washing machine hoses to connect up the taps,
but I just put a large bucket under the sink waste. Only overflowed
once or twice.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian Ball" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Any chance of visiting your local recycling centre and picking up some
vacuum cleaner hose? There are always stacks of vacuum cleaners in the
electrical bin at mine. Bit of duct tape and you'll have a lovely bodge.
;-)

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian Ball wrote:

[...]

What about a pond supply shop? Flex hose in all sort of sizes. Usually
sold by the metre.

Geoff Beale

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Adrian Ball wrote:
[...]

HepFlex„¢ Waste

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/125.asp

Don't forget the solvent weld adhesive if you make up your own - which
is dead simple.

Works superbly. You could probably use it in a temporary setup and
re-use the same stuff in the final build - possibly changing an end or two.

You might consider HepVO waste 'traps' - I haven't used them in a
kitchen but have everywhere else. (Same page.)

--
Rod

onset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Downie" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I did exactly that. Got mine free from an electrical shop that I do
some work for. It was one that he had had on the shelf for years, and he was
happy to get rid of it. Worked a treat.

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:57:35 +0100, Rod wrote:

HepFlex„¢ Waste

http://www.bes.co.uk/products/125.asp

Don't forget the solvent weld adhesive if you make up your own - which
is dead simple.

Works superbly. You could probably use it in a temporary setup and
re-use the same stuff in the final build - possibly changing an end or
two.

You might consider HepVO waste 'traps' - I haven't used them in a
kitchen but have everywhere else. (Same page.)

Thanks - and to all others who responded with some great ideas - I think
I'll go with the vacuum hose idea first (cheap/free!), it's only got to
last a few days.

Ade.