Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thermo cartridge replacement for shower

Apologies for (almost) repeating my post within the same day, but it
occurs to me that the question should be more straightfoward.

Has anyone here replaced the cartridge (only) from a thermostatic
shower system, and if so is it a trivial or non-trivial DIY activity?

My general preference would be to avoid playing with anyhing that
involves water, but if this is a simple unscrew, remove, push in,
screw in place type DIY job I'll give it a go.

(We have two water mains at our house, and fortunately the shower that
this affects is on the one that affects the fewest of the other taps
in the house so if it all goes wrong I can at least turn it off at the
mains and still leave us with drinking water!)

Matt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Apologies for (almost) repeating my post within the same day, but it
occurs to me that the question should be more straightfoward.

Has anyone here replaced the cartridge (only) from a thermostatic
shower system, and if so is it a trivial or non-trivial DIY activity?

My general preference would be to avoid playing with anyhing that
involves water, but if this is a simple unscrew, remove, push in,
screw in place type DIY job I'll give it a go.

(We have two water mains at our house, and fortunately the shower that
this affects is on the one that affects the fewest of the other taps
in the house so if it all goes wrong I can at least turn it off at the
mains and still leave us with drinking water!)

Matt

It would help if you said what make and model.
I have done it on a Mira 915ba and it was easy, but it needed a *big*
spanner and it was a left hand thread.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2 Jun, 14:46, "dennis@home" wrote:
wrote in message

Apologies for (almost) repeating my post within the same day, but it
occurs to me that the question should be more straightfoward.

Has anyone here replaced the cartridge (only) from a thermostatic
shower system, and if so is it a trivial or non-trivial DIY activity?

My general preference would be to avoid playing with anyhing that
involves water, but if this is a simple unscrew, remove, push in,
screw in place type DIY job I'll give it a go.

(We have two water mains at our house, and fortunately the shower that
this affects is on the one that affects the fewest of the other taps
in the house so if it all goes wrong I can at least turn it off at the
mains and still leave us with drinking water!)

Matt

It would help if you said what make and model.
I have done it on a Mira 915ba and it was easy, but it needed a *big*
spanner and it was a left hand thread.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, it is a Gainsorough Ambassador (concealed) of about 1999
manufacture.

I suspect the strength required may be my undoing.....

Matt
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

[...]

Look at the diagrams on this site:

http://showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares...concealed.html

It may help you to see what to expect.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

Look at the diagrams on this site:

http://showerdoc.co.uk/shower-spares...concealed.html

It may help you to see what to expect.

I looked at that and I can't see how the cartridge is held in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:30:40 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

I looked at that and I can't see how the cartridge is held in.

It's not overly clear but save the image then view it with an graphics
program so you can zoom in. My guess from the four holes in the gasket (4)
and 4 holes in the Housing (2) that there are 4 screws in the outside
recess of the cartridge (6).

--
Cheers
Dave.