Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default superglue dissolver

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
news:g1p8vk$4n4$1@qmul...
I used superglue to attach some LEDs to an aluminium panel, but some of the
glue

stuck to the front of the LED, anyone know of a suitable substance to
remove the

spots of dried glue on the LEDs, I tried some 'superglue debonder' but
that didn't seem to work. I can't really file it off as that will scratch
the LED when I slip :-()

any ideas, cheers

File or sand without slipping, polish the scratches out afterwards?

Try a sharp knife?

cheers,
clive

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used superglue to attach some LEDs to an aluminium panel, but some
of the glue

stuck to the front of the LED, anyone know of a suitable substance to
remove the

spots of dried glue on the LEDs, I tried some 'superglue debonder' but
that didn't seem to work. I can't really file it off as that will
scratch the LED when I slip :-()

any ideas, cheers

File or sand without slipping, polish the scratches out afterwards?

Try a sharp knife?

cheers,
clive

Nonono,. Acetone will work, just not very fast.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used superglue to attach some LEDs to an aluminium panel, but some of
the glue

stuck to the front of the LED, anyone know of a suitable substance to
remove the

spots of dried glue on the LEDs, I tried some 'superglue debonder' but
that didn't seem to work. I can't really file it off as that will
scratch the LED when I slip :-()

any ideas, cheers

File or sand without slipping, polish the scratches out afterwards?

Try a sharp knife?

cheers,
clive

Nonono,. Acetone will work, just not very fast.

But it might attack the plastic the LED casing is made from.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used superglue to attach some LEDs to an aluminium panel, but some of
the glue

stuck to the front of the LED, anyone know of a suitable substance to
remove the

spots of dried glue on the LEDs, I tried some 'superglue debonder' but
that didn't seem to work. I can't really file it off as that will
scratch the LED when I slip :-()

any ideas, cheers
File or sand without slipping, polish the scratches out afterwards?

Try a sharp knife?

cheers,
clive

Nonono,. Acetone will work, just not very fast.

But it might attack the plastic the LED casing is made from.

I thought they were epoxy encapsulated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I used superglue to attach some LEDs to an aluminium panel, but some
of the glue

stuck to the front of the LED, anyone know of a suitable substance to
remove the

spots of dried glue on the LEDs, I tried some 'superglue debonder' but
that didn't seem to work. I can't really file it off as that will
scratch the LED when I slip :-()

any ideas, cheers
File or sand without slipping, polish the scratches out afterwards?

Try a sharp knife?

I'll have somewhere between 30-60 to do, and I've tried with aknife,
scaple, fingernails, files(needle) .

cheers,
clive
Nonono,. Acetone will work, just not very fast.

But it might attack the plastic the LED casing is made from.

I thought they were epoxy encapsulated.

I'll try nail varnish remover too.

superglue dissolver TMC UK diy 0 May 30th 08 07:55 PM
superglue dissolver [email protected] UK diy 0 May 30th 08 06:23 PM
Threadlockers and superglue Michael Koblic Metalworking 23 May 23rd 08 02:03 PM
removing Superglue OG UK diy 3 January 3rd 06 12:22 AM
Superglue query N Cook Electronics Repair 8 December 11th 04 04:37 AM