DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Weedkiller on block paving (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/249735-weedkiller-block-paving.html)

F[_2_] May 12th 08 12:44 PM

Weedkiller on block paving

Anyone know if there are any problems with using sodium chlorate
solution on block paving? The weeds are starting to show but I don't
want to damage the blocks.

TIA

chudford May 12th 08 06:15 PM

Weedkiller on block paving

On May 12, 11:44*am, F news@nowhere wrote:
Anyone know if there are any problems with using sodium chlorate
solution on block paving? The weeds are starting to show but I don't
want to damage the blocks.

TIA

I have used sodium chlorate on my block paving for several years and
it has not affected the blocks.

It does not clear moss very well and I use a separate moss killer for
this.

Phil L May 12th 08 06:16 PM

Weedkiller on block paving

F wrote:
Anyone know if there are any problems with using sodium chlorate
solution on block paving? The weeds are starting to show but I don't
want to damage the blocks.

TIA

There is no problem using any weedkiller on block paving, except that SC
doesn't work.

Roundup is what you need - around £4.50 for a litre of ready mixed stuff in
a spray gun and an hours work instead of 5 minutes, but it kills the roots,
whereas almost all other weedkillers kill the tops only.

SC is supposed to make the ground unplantable, but the last house I had had
a large paved area at the back and the horsetails and dandelions used to
thrive on the stuff.

F[_2_] May 13th 08 01:28 AM

Weedkiller on block paving

On 12/05/2008 17:16 Phil L wrote:

SC is supposed to make the ground unplantable, but the last house I had had
a large paved area at the back and the horsetails and dandelions used to
thrive on the stuff.

Weird, it's worked well for me in the past.