Area rugs on carpets keep moving

Old April 29th 08, 02:10 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Area rugs on carpets keep moving

Area rugs on carpets keep moving

When I lay area rugs over carpets with kids around the area rugs move
around and turn up at the corners and gets ruined.

How can I keep these area rugs from moving ?

We used the rubber/latex available at Home Depot. The area rugs hold
on tile but not on carpet.

Can anyone suggest anything ?

Thanks,
Kim
Old April 29th 08, 10:40 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Apr, 01:10, wrote:
Area rugs on carpets keep moving

When I lay area rugs over carpets with kids around the area rugs move
around and turn up at the corners and gets ruined.

How can I keep these area rugs from moving ?

We used the rubber/latex available at Home Depot. The area rugs hold
on tile but not on carpet.

Can anyone suggest anything ?

Thanks,
Kim

Stick them down with double-sided tape ?
Also you can get some grippers with very short pins on each side that
grip into the carpet and rug to hold them together. Not sure where I
saw them though.
Would velcro hooks attach to the carpet ?
Just a few thoughts.
Simon.
Old April 29th 08, 02:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 Apr, 09:40, sm_jamieson wrote:
On 29 Apr, 01:10, wrote:

*Area rugs on carpets keep moving

When I lay area rugs *over carpets with kids around the area rugs move
around and turn *up at the corners and gets ruined.

How can I keep these area rugs from moving ?

We used the rubber/latex available at Home Depot. The area rugs hold
on tile but not on carpet.

Can anyone suggest anything ?

Thanks,
Kim

Stick them down with double-sided tape ?
Also you can get some grippers with very short pins on each side that
grip into the carpet and rug to hold them together. *Not sure where I
saw them though.
Would velcro hooks attach to the carpet ?
Just a few thoughts.
Simon.

I bought some sticky underlay from John Lewis'. Not cheap but it
works really well.

Lawrence