Gavin Adam

Default Danfoss Control Box wiring - with one single 2 port valve

Hi,

Can anybody offer any advice please?

I am installing my own simple central heating system - with just a
gravity fed DHW supply and a single pumped radiator system.

I am trying to figure out how to connect the 10/12 terminal box - The
only systems that have come with the contraols pack [from Danfoss
Randall] cover 2x2 ports and 3 port systems - I just need a single 2
port - if anyone could give me a bit of advice, please reply,

Best Regards

Gavin.
BigWallop

"Gavin Adam" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Can anybody offer any advice please?

I am installing my own simple central heating system - with just a
gravity fed DHW supply and a single pumped radiator system.

I am trying to figure out how to connect the 10/12 terminal box - The
only systems that have come with the contraols pack [from Danfoss
Randall] cover 2x2 ports and 3 port systems - I just need a single 2
port - if anyone could give me a bit of advice, please reply,

Best Regards

Gavin.

Just follow the instructions for the 2X2 ports, but miss one out.

Ed Sirett

Gavin Adam wrote:

Hi,

Can anybody offer any advice please?

I am installing my own simple central heating system - with just a
gravity fed DHW supply and a single pumped radiator system.

I am trying to figure out how to connect the 10/12 terminal box - The
only systems that have come with the contraols pack [from Danfoss
Randall] cover 2x2 ports and 3 port systems - I just need a single 2
port - if anyone could give me a bit of advice, please reply,

Best Regards

Gavin.

See below. Especially the main FAQ: motorised valves section.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
ARWadsworth

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
Gavin Adam wrote:

Hi,

Can anybody offer any advice please?

I am installing my own simple central heating system - with just a
gravity fed DHW supply and a single pumped radiator system.

I am trying to figure out how to connect the 10/12 terminal box - The
only systems that have come with the contraols pack [from Danfoss
Randall] cover 2x2 ports and 3 port systems - I just need a single 2
port - if anyone could give me a bit of advice, please reply,

Best Regards

Gavin.

Try
http://content.honeywell.com/uk/homes/systems.htm
and look at the C plan.
Adam

Ian Clowes

Gavin Adam wrote:
Hi,

I am installing my own simple central heating system - with just a
gravity fed DHW supply and a single pumped radiator system.

Hi

Honeywell C-plan, with other names from other vendors, consists of
pumped CH, gravity HW, and thermostats on each. The valve would need to
be 28mm (or 1" union connections, maybe) to have all the right wires.
There's an exta wire to allow 240V to pass on 'HW closed' that the 22mm
valves don't have.

I'm not sure C-plan is still allowed for new installs though, due to the
Part L Building Regs efficiency requirements. This may be why the
instructions you have do not show it. If you're not having any
inspections done or you're just doing an upgrade then you may get away
with it.

HTH
IanC