Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where can I get a meat hook?

with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder near
to where Im working.

TAI

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder near
to where Im working.

Have you got a decorators' supplies shop (e.g. Crown decorators centre)
near you? They certainly used to sell hooks for paint kettles.

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
m...
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of
the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for
leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder
near
to where Im working.

Metal coat hanger formed as necessary??

HTH

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
m...
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of
the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for
leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder
near
to where Im working.

Metal coat hanger formed as necessary??

HTH

John

On a 6.4Kg bottle weight. Nah! :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of

the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for

leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder

near
to where Im working.

Have you got a decorators' supplies shop (e.g. Crown decorators centre)
near you? They certainly used to sell hooks for paint kettles.

--
Howard Neil

Not strong enough?

Any of these any good?

http://www.dentonscatering.com/acata...ts_dishes.html

--
Howard Neil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top

of
the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for

leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder

near
to where Im working.
Have you got a decorators' supplies shop (e.g. Crown decorators centre)
near you? They certainly used to sell hooks for paint kettles.

--
Howard Neil

Not strong enough?

Any of these any good?

http://www.dentonscatering.com/acata...ts_dishes.html

--
Howard Neil

Ta for that but I doubt whether they'll get here for tomorrow. ;-)

I'll pop into the butchers and ask has he a spare one,probably I'll buy some
meat first. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
om...

"John" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
m...
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of
the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for
leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder
near
to where Im working.

Metal coat hanger formed as necessary??

HTH

John

On a 6.4Kg bottle weight. Nah! :-)

Sorry I thought you were just talking of something to hold the hose whilst
you did some scraping etc!!!

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25 Apr, 15:33, "George" wrote:

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend

Don't use a meat hook, they've got sharp pointy ends!

Real decorator's suppliers (Crown are good) sell hooks. Otherwise bend
one up. If you're worried about dropping it, use a loop of baler twine
instead of an S. If you need easy attachment _and_ you're worried
about dropping it, a karabiner. If you're working near me and you have
the local yoof nicking things while you're up the ladder, try a
carbine.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:19:53 UTC, "George"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message

"George" wrote in message
m...
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of
the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for
leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder
near
to where Im working.

Metal coat hanger formed as necessary??

HTH

John

On a 6.4Kg bottle weight. Nah! :-)

Couple of ladder hooks bolted back to back?

http://www.diybanter.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y
SJP SJP is offline

"George" wrote in message
m...
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of
the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for
leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder
near
to where Im working.

TAI

Got a Screwfix near you?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/76794/...00mm-Pack-of-2

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , George
writes
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder near
to where Im working.

TAI

Dunno about meat hooks, but I know of a place that sells billhooks. And
fork handles, O's and pumps.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder near
to where Im working.

Just about any kitchen shop. Given that you are not using it to impale a
half side on get one that has balls at the end rather than being sharp.
You'll be grateful if you slip.

http://www.akroservices.co.uk/meat_hook-J730.php
http://www.goodcookshop.com/froogle.do?id=1263

I can't remember where we get the ones we use with balls instead of
points.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George wrote:

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder near
to where Im working.

Lanyard and a clove hitch?

Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have you got a decorators' supplies shop (e.g. Crown decorators centre)
near you? They certainly used to sell hooks for paint kettles.

Any chinese supermarkets nearby ? - they'd probably do something
suitable too...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George" wrote in message
m...
with going to an abottoir.

Need to get up the ladders at the weekend and burn paint off the top of
the
front elevation as the lenght of the gas bottle hose is to short for
leaving
it on the bay roof I need to hang it on one of the rungs of the ladder
near
to where Im working.

TAI

I use a *large* cable tie.
Its releasable and is very useful for other things like fixing the top of
the ladder to things to stop it falling.