Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garden Railway

This is a novel approach to a garden railway. I could get a 14m run in our garden if we forego the decking somehow SWAMBO is not overly keen on the idea, why?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engla...-in-his-garden

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 30 April 2020 15:22:08 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
This is a novel approach to a garden railway. I could get a 14m run in our garden if we forego the decking somehow SWAMBO is not overly keen on the idea, why?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engla...-in-his-garden

I don't know why he's described as "very sad husband" here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and...-in-his-garden

I'd expect him to be quite happy.

I do wonder how much he paid for those rails though, and where he got them from ;-)

"ex BR" indeed

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I do wonder how much he paid for those rails though, and where he got them from ;-)

https://railwayrecycling.co.uk/
will supply all your railway-based needs...

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 30 April 2020 16:14:47 UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, 30 April 2020 15:22:08 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:
This is a novel approach to a garden railway. I could get a 14m run in our garden if we forego the decking somehow SWAMBO is not overly keen on the idea, why?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engla...-in-his-garden

I don't know why he's described as "very sad husband" here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and...-in-his-garden

I'd expect him to be quite happy.

I do wonder how much he paid for those rails though, and where he got them from ;-)

"ex BR" indeed

Owain

However unlikely that he did get his rail from them, BR did indeed have narrow gauge railways. For example, the Vale of Rheidol narrow gauge steam railway. No idea what gauge the garden one is!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 09:04:10 -0700 (PDT), polygonum_on_google
wrote:

However unlikely that he did get his rail from them, BR did indeed have narrow gauge railways. For example, the Vale of Rheidol narrow gauge steam railway. No idea what gauge the garden one is!

Looked like standard gauge to me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
This is a novel approach to a garden railway. I could get a 14m run in our
garden if we forego the decking somehow SWAMBO is not overly keen on the
idea, why?

The silly cow is too obese to be able to ride on it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engla...-in-his-garden

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 30/04/2020 21:08, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Is this a large gauge or merely a model?
Brian

It looks like standard gauge to me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

Is this a large gauge

Yep, the real thing.

or merely a model?

Nope.

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
This is a novel approach to a garden railway. I could get a 14m run in
our garden if we forego the decking somehow SWAMBO is not overly keen on
the idea, why?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-engla...-in-his-garden

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc
GB GB is offline

On 30/04/2020 21:12, GB wrote:
On 30/04/2020 21:08, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Is this a large gauge or merely a model?
Brian

It looks like standard gauge to me.

It looks like standard gauge to me too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 1 May 2020 05:29:06 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Website (from 2007) dedicated to the 86-year-old trolling senile
cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 1 May 2020 06:27:57 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 21:08:24 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

Is this a large gauge or merely a model?

It's life size Brian, 4 foot 8 and a half inch gauge.

--
TOJ.